Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

magic turret upgrade

New turret and upgrade of the hull composite to DL1 standard

Whats a DL

Data Link

And what does that do

composite armour is usually lighter, so newer more effective composites might be lighter while offering more protection

he meant dorchester lvl 1

It gives the driver the data where to move the hull composite (he have a giant slider on the roof) so it potects the right place

it gives the commander the information where he parked his tank when he loses it

1 Like

So, has the RHA of the CR2 turret increased?

is that why the cr3 is getting a data link to other challengers? and here they were trying to fool us saying it was to give enemy info…

f80d852c01929bd19ceaeb21d37f140
Dorchester is a completely different design?

nah, its the real reason why the chally numbers get less and less: they just lose them somewhere

we dont know the design of dorchester or the exact materical composition, or do you have classified docs?

i know said it to annoy him

maybe this one?
da1223fcf14929355584378a41f72db

1 Like

4c1e2f3e0ec3011617e15dd48e6b3e5
Unless other devices of CR2 are lighter than CR1? I heard that the CR2 turret used more RHA?

I thought it was the tea bags?

CR2 has a larger turret, thicker turret armor, and a more complex mantlet structure The body of CR2 also originates from CR1, so how can CR2 achieve a weight of only 62.5 tons?

The hull is the same base structure, things inside the hull and the armour is different