Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

imagine they shot it at the same time so they can both think theyre right

Dont mind it , just found DL2G(Or OES) photo and decided to drop it here

3 Likes

Centurion mk1 on which the British tested a 140mm cannon
D_aEyahwUfI

8 Likes

Do you mean the next event?

FV4005 Stage 1 when?

Autoloaded 183mm with absolutely no armour rather than 14mm casing

OO a DL2F early (Or OES)

clearly someone sayd “bigger” and they made the avre

Not autoloaded, assisted

idk, that was originally Tim’s comment. One assumes he means the new style of event, the “rolling event” if you will

Bovington tank museum is restoring it right now, best time to ask for info about it

1 Like

Yes, I’m guessing

1 Like

Wow, i made my Dorchester list 5 days ago, yet over 1000msg were dropped here, we will soon run out of space…

iirc that’s the Stage 2 that used to be on the exit to the Tank Museum. That said, i imagine they would have something on the Stage 1. Same gun, autoloader instead of manual loading, same hull…

But bloody hell the recoil on the L4
“When fired, the gun produced 86 tons (87 tonnes) of recoil force and had a recoil length of 2 ¼ feet”

Stage one is basically just the same thing but without the paper armour and a fixed gun, effectively everything the same?

If he’s not the prize for the marathon, I won’t run the marathon.

2 Likes

OH GOD

7 Likes

I’m 90% sure it had no elevation control but I could be wrong.

uh, yes. correction on something earlier, it appears the Stage 1 still had a loader, but there was some mechanism to assist with loading.

The fixed gun would be a pain in the backside.

1 Like

its missing the cope cage

A little bit of reading, you are semi right. It had no vertical control, but it could traverse horizontally. though from what i can read it was not permitted to fire to the side or rearwards, presumably so the recoil didn’t send the tank flying…