Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

Just wait for a gun replacement photo shows up XD

Yep the US supplied the stuff with the add on armour, the T90Ms nightmares are also rocking theirs

1 Like

Don’t suppose I could get a @Technical Moderators to review my issue report?
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/LIQZc0VjpdM4

They are all sick of the name legwolf now

4 Likes

I don’t doubt it, but i’d be VERY interested to see if they agree or disagree.
The only reason this wouldn’t be accepted would be if they are firm on STANAG 5 being for the entire array - something i’ve proven to be untrue multiple times with sources attached.

So…unless they can miracle some more excuses, this is the definitive values needed.
ASPRO-HMT: PMB-090 25MM APFSDS at 500M, ~67± degrees from centerline, frontal arc of vehicle, 0 degrees elevation should provide 84mm of KE resistance.
More KE resistance should be present the flatter the impact angle as the round encounters the entire array of passive plates inside of ASPRO-HMT, rather than just a portion when attacked by a penetrator at angle.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t put it past them, I understand the need for concrete sources but its getting ridiculous, some common sense would be nice

3 Likes

Me (and WT staff) reading everything that happend here
Chef Skinner Reading a Letter | Know Your Meme

10 Likes

The next challenger 3 model will have a RWS with a laser on lol.

8 Likes

£1 to fire this for a second lmao, massive news for G2A defence

I see, AJAX eats 70%, and now laser 29% of the budget

1 Like

Apparently its £10 a shot

Just love our MOD procurement. Doesn’t want to spend money so tries to make a cheap alternative but then all the problems that come with trying to do it on the cheap causes it to become horribly over budget and doesn’t even see service….

I had a reply typed up yesterday but deleted it, about how ridiculous it was that we were being asked to calculate the weight of a steel plate of given dimensions vs an aluminium plate of given dimensions.

3 Likes

That was funny to see. Especially when they want it to hold up to wear and tear. I know there are aluminium alloys that are harder but it’s still aluminium and sheared bolts is a common theme with it.

1 Like

zhxplkwnbji91

New report, regarding the chemical protection of ASPRO HMT.
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/hUjNza9bvJyP

Minimum protective value of above 600mm
Likely value of 1200mm, which lines up with TES’ original armor values upon release

13 Likes

Also, did we ever find out where they pulled this aluminium thing from?

They claimed it was sourced, did they ever reaveal the super secret magical source?

I Really Admoire Your Tenacity I Admire Your Determination GIF - I Really Admoire Your Tenacity I Admire Your Determination Perseverance - Discover & Share GIFs

6 Likes

To my knowledge, no, the source is still a bottle of ketchup in a place the sun dont shine

Still hilarious they think a mid 2000s ERA built for an mbt where weight isn’t a real problem wouldn’t be able to stop an rpg which is seen in almost every battlefield on the plant made in 1988…

1 Like

I shall add it to the list, any others in the past few days. I need to do a sweep to check for them at some point.

1 Like