Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

Incredible, that was just shrapnel hitting projectiles. It should have breeched you (and destroyed ammunition but that’s not modelled) and nothing else, not even crew damage.

1 Like

How, during tests i was able to remove racks whole and no explosion

don’t ask me. I haven’t had it happen recently, then again i haven’t really touched 10.3 too much

I’d be up to test it again, you’re both welcome to have a go @l2ulan

yeah, i was having a really bad run when i clipped that
but i must admit that’s why i’ve been reluctant to play any top tier. i’d like to replicate that and see if i can get it to repeat, so i can bash a bug report in and call it incorrect behaviour

cuz this issue, I dont use chally mk3 in 10.3 lineup.

funny thing is, this is the DS. It is effectively a Mark 3 without L26/Jericho… which all British Challengers were issued 12 of during Op Desert Storm if memory serves.

Regardless of sabot type however, Sabots shouldn’t be detonating, as they are, without the propellant, inert.

If you want, i can help testing it out

but DS is mk3. anyway, all chally 1 will detonate by that issue

1 Like

yeah, could do later today?

Sure, i will be up for like 6h or so, just ping me up and i will respond as soon as i will be able to

1 Like

coolio, i’m out at the min but i’ll drop a line when able

if you’re around now, i’ve shot a line on WT

https://streamable.com/2ke37l

boom
are you testing the sabot or charges

sabots

Well that shouldn’t happen
i wonder if this happens to other two piece

well, my conclusion:
it appears HESH equipped tanks (or at least Chally 1s, further research needed on Chally 2, Chieftain, etc) have HESH modelled as being within the tank regardless of whether they’re actually carrying it or not. This is probably intended behaviour due to a limitation, but i’ll try put something together for it.

how i got my sabot to explode is a mystery, one which i don’t have an answer to

4 Likes

The tests with @Firestarter just ended.
Test subjects: Challenger 1 mk.2, mk.3, ds, Vickers Mk.7, Challenger 3
Test goal: See if sabots models explode
How it went: The shells modelled as darts does not explode, no matter if the sabot or HESH is inside.
The shells modelled as HESH explode no matter what is inside, sabot or HESH.
Afffects All Cr1, Cr2 and Vick mk.7
Cr3 turret rack still does not explode
Conclusion: Fire got gaijined with that dart blow.

5 Likes

They are the same, i checked that myself, all of them (well, excluding OES but i doubt anything changed there, not spending money on it).

I have not checked that.