Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

What’s the third type of charge bin, after GRP and ACB?

I believe they are referring to the modular ACB solution for in the field upgrades written about in the last page

If somebody have a picture of those bins I would be really interested (considered only 24 mk.2s were upgrade with them)XD

Thanks, sometimes I struggle with getting the information out of the scribbles!

So from what I can tell, your average Mk2 should have the GRP wet bins (not to mention those on Chieftain), and a Mk3 should have the thicker ACB dry bins. The Barnbow modular bins are rare enough not to be included in the game.

Interested to see if the GRP vehicles actually have a wet bin bonus in the game code.

Edit; to confirm, currently ingame the Mk2 has bins made of 5mm structural steel, while the Mk3 has bins made of 5mm RHA (with the front right replenishment bin removed in accordance with the ACB kit installation).

1 Like

The modular and ACB should be the same thing, just not as a single big contaiener, but as a 2 charge “cardridges”. 90 packs give only 9 tanks fitted, so rather rare, as 10 cardridges per tank

It could (and that is a big if) be included for the Challenger 1 Dessert Storm which is already a weird MK2 Mk3 hybrid I believe

3 Likes

DS is Mk3 iirc. Maybe some parts were retrofitted due to availability

Mk2 = pre gulf war
DS = Mk2 upgraded for gulf war
Mk3 = DS after gulf war.

Or something like that.

I wrote that in another thread that I think sums it quite well:

2 Likes

Mk3s were also present before the Gulf war 😅

1 Like

CR2 lfp internally photo’s go

Ah, that was a bit of info I didnt know :D

1 Like

So you want some more photos, huh?
Sadly i wont be able to help as im going to sleep

Take this, now i sleep

But good luck finding an exact introduction date, I now found sources saying there were still Mk.2s around in addition to the Mk.3s in 1999 for Bosnia

Its probably that they are all identical, but change name depending on perticular upgrades applied to them at the time.

1 Like

And another thing, who the fuck thinks this is one inch thick and made of structural steel?

It’s at least a 50mm RHA plate, probably in keeping with the two sandwich plates on the turret cheeks, and it’s on three (!) vehicles (2F, TES, and OES).

Goodnight.

Probably their assumption that it’s continued to use the same arrangement as the ROMOR mount was on CR1 and initial CR2 up-armour kit, and they’ve never looked at it again since despite bug reports

cr2

Wait wait wait, hold up. The romor has spaced armour behind it…. It really doesn’t feel like it means much.

As there’s not really a proper place to put this I’ll just leave it here
green rooikat

1 Like

Please take it back. What even is that, is that a cv turret photo shopped onto a rooikat chasse?

This is something else

Gaijin remove it all for long time ago