Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

I mean it’s very easy to check the datamine and see if T-series tanks do have barrels with “far more” HP than other MBTs…

Explains why they eat multiple rounds from auto cannons XD

i know it looks like, but im not new here

Check the t34 85 for me if you could. It’s either they have too much health or solid shot does no damage to barrels. Never mind I almost forgot solid shot does no damage let alone pen anyway.

The screenshot in that (5 year old) post says the Abrams has 40mm barrel thickness with 300hp.

And here’s a screenshot from today:

I wonder where I’ve seen 200hp/35mm before…

take it the way you want to, it didnt use to be possible to datamine, that issue at the time was found right after ppl started to datamine. that issue and a lot more. these days they know ppl will datamine everything so i guess its not that easy.

it still showed back then a clear bias towards one nation not only in that datamine but a few others.

Comparing that is a very simplistic way to look at things.

It is missing the numebr of polygons on the barrel, that greatly affects if shells bounce or ricochet off the barrel or not.

That’s cool but we were talking specifically about barrel HP and I can’t go into the CDK and count the polygons on the barrels atm

Sure, but it’s another factor to consider rather than the very simplistic “They both have X HP”.

i actually genuinely wish they never added the orion.

i say things like that over very, very few vehicles, but the orion is at the top spot and i havent even seen anyone else mention it, either because british naval is dead or because its not even worth talking about it.

2 Likes

1.5" is 38.1mm, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the hull were in Imperial measurements.

Good list of vehicles to add, but you missed off this cursed thing i just found lol
It’s got an AS90 turret so surely it should go in the British tree :)

6 Likes

That thing is going to haunt my dreams

https://twitter.com/KampfmitKette/status/1595045042024071168
Enjoy :)

My eyes, agh

I wish they’d added it like 2 years ago when Japan got all its 7.0BB’s, or Germany got its 6.7’s. Now its an entirely pointless addition and just a worse Marlborough.

British Naval is pretty dead i’ve seen 1 HMS Hood in my entire time playing naval. But she definitely should’ve been either a Warspite or an R class Battleship.

Now the next step up is the goddamn King George V class 1938 which is to Scharnhorst what Scharnhorst is to Orion lol.

3 Likes

I mean this exists
Oh God I found one on the Vickers chassis

5 Likes

Artillery systems have got to be the wackiest looking pieces of military equipment out there.

Only if they are mounted on hulls that were not meant for them

2 Likes