Challenger 1 MBT - Technical Data and Discussions

so your telling me it will stop the spall but in return give cancer

A soul for a soul

2 Likes

Hydraulic fluid/oil is the most likely thing. CR2 got a fully electric turret and gun drive system because the old system was leaky at the best of times, and ran a risk of rupturing if the turret was hit - bad news for the crew.

Using asbestos sheets to insulate and fire-proof the hot gun/breach from an oil rupture sounds more reasonable to me. It’s the main purpose for the asbestos linings that are still in our AFVs and helicopters - protecting stuff you don’t want to get hot but have no choice but to put it near something that does get hot.
I am not aware of it being regarded as something known for its high degree of ballistic protection, compared to alternatives like aramid or kevlar fibres, or hard composite sheets.

1 Like

We can see some sort of reddish liner here

And here we do see it too just in bad resolution

The kettle?

mine broke just recently :(

anyone knows where i can buy a Challenger 1 for the kettle? lol

Go nick the one out of bovingtons, it’s out in the open and unprotected so they’re practically asking for you to take it :

Also, gaijin, I promise never to moan about anything again if we can get a ch1 dressed up like that in game.

3 Likes

It’s the right time to leak classified deer documents

So what you are saying, is that the CR1 is currently missing 6DP (Deer power) and a bug report needs to be submitted?

@Gunjob since the Chally 2 got it’s proper armoured charge bins want to slap the developers with the ones for the 1 mk.3 and DS?
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/scFlBnUnYw7i

3 Likes

some interesting photos here :)

Seen someone commenting that the Chally DS is suffering from mobility issues. Anyone else experiencing this? Don’t remember there being anything about changes to the mobility for Chally 1.

Asbestos IS fire resistant and is a good insulator for heat and sound, but useless as ballistic protection.

the amount of times i’ve been trolled by the turret despite it supposedly being a strongpoint is getting kinda hilarious now.

oh, and inert sabot now explodes. bravo gaijin, literally may as well remove britain from top tier

Skip to 0:17

Yeah that has been a thing for a while now, apperantly Gajin cant be bothered to finally fix it

Let’s look at what secrets this holds

1 Like

Hopefully something useful somewhere

Wait why don’t we have those wild smoke launchers?

6 Likes

might be for combat simulation systems