Centurion Mk. 5 LPT - THIS Is What An Event Vehicle Looks Like

The XM8 was better modelled than the Vickers Mk5

Please, I have no interest in fighting over who suffers the most

I didn’t model the Vickers Mk5 and I wish it the best

Not going to elaborate here, but if you’re interested please check out this post I made

You miss understand me comparatively to a tech tree vehicle the XM8 as an event vehicle was treated with far more care than the Vickers mk5. I’m not measuring dicks here

@luque13 I’m not that familiar with this thing, care to tell me what’s inaccurate about it?

The origin of the hull isn’t known. The LPT was marketed for installation on the M60, however, it wasn’t built. Why the Centurion specifically was chosen to serve as a functional demonstrator was probably due to it being a more aged platform, thus having a larger potential customer pool looking for an upgrade. At the end of the day, this vehicle was a marketing demonstrator and its main purpose was to draw in customers to get them to look at the upgrade that fit their specific needs.

1 Like

Because it was produced for export it doesnt have any of the options it could have had.
No thermals
No LWS
are the big ones

It seems the thermal was optional, at least according to this article on Army Guide.

I haven’t looked much into this so correct me if you have other sources!

Ultimately it’s Gaijin’s decision whether to include the thermals or not, as it was an optional feature. Maybe they want the tank to fill a certain BR or rank. I can understand why this is upsetting though.

But surely you recognize this is not an historical accuracy issue in the same way that lack of blow-out panels would be?

I do, I would rather have thermals than blow out panels for gameplay being such a light tank you will die to overpressure.

VFM5 and XM8 are the same BR

Historical accuracy is tenuous when both tanks never made it past prototype stage. But yes for the version modelled in game give it the blow out pannels.

1 Like

I can see your point, but I respectfully disagree. The XM8 is a very cramped vehicle full of ammunition and would definitely benefit from blow-out panels.

Diagram

xm8 diagram

Almost the same BR, VFM-5 is 9.3, XM8 is 9.7. I do think the difference should be higher.

The XM8 was adopted as M8 for a short while, until it was promptly cancelled for budget reasons. It very much matters, and the sources are undisputable.

Good to hear, although at this rate, I doubt we’ll get it this decade.

3 Likes

Would love to see this!