Caproni Ca124

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Description: The Caproni CA124 was an Italian recon/torpedo bomber made by the Italian industry Caproni during the thirties. It was made with a hybrid structure made of metal and wood, a pretty advanced level of construction compared to other Italian aircraft for the time being. It was powered by the Isotta-Fraschini Asso XI.RC15 V-12 with 900 hp, which gave the aircraft a maximum speed of 330 km/h. The armament was composed of three 7.7 mm machineguns (two forward-firing and one on the back) and two torpedoes. There isn’t much to say about the Ca124’s history since it’s a pretty obscure aircraft. The first flight was performed in 1937, but no other units were built after the first prototype. Indeed, the Regia Aereonautica preferred the various twin engine designs made by Caproni instead of this one. The prototype’s fate is unknown; indeed, no sources mention if it was used during the Second World War, but most likely it remained in the Caproni establishment.

Why it should be in the game: It could be a good torpedo bomber at a low br like 1.3-1.7

Specifications

Spoiler

Length: 13.8 m (45 ft 3 in)
Wingspan: 18.9 m (62 ft 0 in)
Height: 4.6 m (15 ft 1 in)
Powerplant: 1 × Isotta-Fraschini Asso XI.RC15 V-12 upright water-cooled piston engine, supercharged
Propellers: 3-bladed
Performance
Maximum speed: 330 km/h
Stall speed: 110 km/h (68 mph; 59 kn)

Armaments

Spoiler

2x foward firing 7.7 mm Breda Safat Machinguns
1x Rear Firing 7.7 mm Breda Safat Machinegun
2x 450 mm torpedo

Sources

Spoiler

Caproni Ca.124 - Coletti's Combat Aircraft
Caproni Ca.124 - Wikipedia
Caproni Ca.124

Pictures

Spoiler

5 Likes

Never heard about this plane. +1 for sure.

1 Like

+1, but definitely it isn’t 3.0 material. 1.0, 1.3 at max.

1 Like

Is just like Late 298 but quicker, better armed and with 2 torpedos so 2.0 is right place for it.

And it looks gorgeous!

1 Like

2.0 is too high, in my opinion. 1.7 max.

2 Likes

Ok right, all 2.0 aircraft are significantly better

+1 very peculiar plane, i would love to play it

2 Likes

Regio, if I’m right this is the 124 Idro, not the basic 124.

1 Like

That was never created

Daamn.

I’ll likely never fly it more then to get it spaded

+1

2 Likes

+1

1 Like