Can we stop throwing bones to air abusers in ground realistic?

incorrect i have experience in both the problem is its over the course of 9 years with a 4 year gap between 2019-2023 (said oct 2022 eariler by mistake)

and im still wondering why we have early tank release sized maps

I have been a part of the TO discussion for many years and have done a fair bit to support the idea (suggesting TO advocate put forward a draft idea for the suggestion (albeit unofficially at first), suggesting TO rallies to demonstrate/trial the idea, etc.) and have seen how the hapless idea of TO has been abused and put into the mud by its own supposed supporters.

Rather than trying to court support and curry favor for their ideas, TO advocates on the old forum eagerly turned their thread into a complaint chasm anytime some airplane gave them a wedgie in battle.

Predictably, TO failed…though perhaps the most notable failure was in late 2019 when Gaijin floated the idea of implementing TO with a perma-event framing (reminiscent of SB) with a smaller range of BRs (perhaps rotating) to ease MM needs.

TO advocates rejected Gaijin’s TO pitch cold(with the original poster of the TO thread insisting they should ‘hold out for a better deal’) and we’ve never heard about TO from Gaijin since then AFAIK.

If you read back through that thread (and most of the new forum’s too I’d imagine), I’d bet you’ll find the worst reaction most people have to the idea of TO is ambivalence or apathy (not many actively opposed to TO).

Despite all of that all, WT players just going on about their day and playing all their vehicles pass through here and get to see all these diatribes against tankers who fly…it’s absurd and wrong. That is what holds TO back.

As I’ve said before…TO advocates are the biggest hurdle to TO. They repeatedly refuse to get out of their own way.

4 Likes

i can promise bigger maps more players and cap point add in some AI like bunkers with AT guns etc and it would be a fun engaging game not this COD style TDM every game

Yep. Even this thread’s title is designed to specifically piss off anyone who even uses CAS. No wonder there is rarely a discussion.

2 Likes

The way your previous comments read, it appeared you were referring to AB until the death rate matter was brought up.

As it stands, a gap in play time may inhibit certain things but it doesn’t rule out your ability to comment on matters (currency in the relevant place is ideal though).

(By the same token, I don’t talk much about RB AFs at 8.X-9.X range because, although I have played hundreds of battles there, I usually do so for events and so it is short hops instead of sustained gameplay there. I know of generalities of that area…but I’m seldom current in the day-to-day happenings and meta of it.)

Yeah, it really is.

I have this post:

on CAS changes I’d like to see and I do genuinely believe that part of the problem is the gamemode and map designs. They are almost perfectly designed for CAS.

An idea I had (though have not yet put pen to paper on) was to have multiple RB GFs matches playing out on a large map with an RB AFs match playing overhead and objectives like ‘capture the airfield’ being in place rather than the typical ‘A point’ and all that.

For those who say they’d like to take their tanks into the AFs mode for a venture…here’d be an opportunity.

The map [Alt. Hist.] Krymsk was the mode I’d figured on with this…it could probably have at least 5 or 6 tank battles playing out beneath an overarching RB AFs battle if Gaijin pursued the concept and turned it into what WWM was expected to be.

The ‘vocally opposed’ thread title is also loaded…it’s very toxic and it’s why the threads become dumps.

Trying to litigate in-game defeats on the forums by lashing out by text isn’t a pleasant way to do business.

2 Likes

id believe that small changes would be good but id start atleast a moderate overhaul cuz the game is 12 years old i guess because of the player base it can stay strong but d4mn thats hittin a long time heroes and generals are gone which is 2012 at any moment over the course of a year you can easily see those 6 figure player online numbers start to drop

When tanks were first announced and combined arms was being advertised. This is EXACTLY what I hoped it was. for essentially an Air match happening alongside a ground match, with overlap. Not the current state we have now. (or even something like SQB that we do have now)

1 Like

then again this is and would be a first of its kind so maybe it will last years to come idk

Funny cuz I never once was mean to anyone or insulted anyone and yet I was insulted lol Had to be the adult one and take it like a man instead of name calling back like a kid would. But yea, I try to show respect even though we don’t agree with things.

1 Like

im just tryna catch up to me this is a completely different game now

Yeah, this is exactly the problem. Gaijin for some reason both

A) Refuse to vary the gamemodes from BR to BR outside of maybe varied map rotations
B) Refuse to even really vary the gamemodes from type to type. Things like ARB with a single runway spawn point makes sense. But both ground and naval seem to have the same spawn point mentality, and it just doesnt work for those game types

Gaijin really damaged RB AFs when they cut the time from 60 minutes to 25 minutes.

While you seldom saw hour long matches for a variety of reasons, certain mechanics relied upon longer times (such as the runway captures on Krymsk) and those enabled alternate spawns (albeit unmovable ones).

If there was a truly CA mode (RB AFs in parallel with and over the top of RB GFs battles), it’d be nice to see the two mesh and have such things as alternate spawns available.

1 Like

Yeah, it would. and yeah it has. I dont play ARB much anymore. Im almost always in ASB.

Its a real shame. Its one of the biggest weaknesses of WT in my opinion. Is the gamemodes. recently gotten into GSB a bit recently. and it has some flaws, but I am enjoying it more than GRB, Though only at certain BRs.

Unless I’m mistaken people can just buy a premium aircraft and add it to their lineup. No need to grind.

Game is over 10 years old and from my understanding has gone through many changes. It’s not an air only game anymore and hasn’t been for a while so the excuse that WT started as an air only game isn’t a strong argument.

Not complaining about CAS as I like combined battles. Had some good pilots get me out of a few jams so I respect the skills they bring to the game. Love hearing the bbrrrrttt of the A-10 or seeing an F-16 screaming by as I’m trying to cap in my Abrams. (Not a fan of the drones though.) Eventually I’ll try making a serious go at aircraft but not there yet as I’ve always enjoyed tanks and still learning how to be a better tanker.

I will say from my very limited experience in GRB that there should possibly be some changes made to improve the GRB experience. Some spawn protections. Better SPAA. I’d like to see a time limit as to when CAS is allowed to be activated and join the battle. Would be nice playing what is titled as a ground mode for at least 5 to 10 minutes before CAS arrives.
Getting taken out by a KA50 within the first minute and a half isn’t great fun.

I’d like for Gaijin to find some compromise for GRB mode that the majority of the players would find acceptable.

2 Likes

We ALL hate that.

2 Likes

i got my merkava and d4mn at its br its pretty survivable worth the grind

plus its got buttcheeks too

fields of poland and pragdesh are the only maps at high BRs that i like currently wish they could expand on that especially pragdesh its beautiful (idk if thats how you spell it)

Yeah those are good maps. Im partial to

• Tunisia (especially the big version)
  • Sands of Sinai
  • Second battle of El Alamein (at least some of the configurations)

I wish we had more map bans.

Edit; Just realised, I really like Desert maps :D

1 Like