Can we actually highlight the bug concerning the shift key, when flying?

WS and Q along with B with shift make the controls not work at all as intentioned.

The worst one is right now you can’t even hold B for brake, and wind your engines up with shift… You’ll sit brakes on, and throttle does nothing.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/wQPEtibEUvEF

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/pBZnddnCkeF4

This is literally a game breaking bug because the default controls are being meddled with for no reason that should even be.

This is quite concerning that there’s no actual submission of anyone else having this issue.

It’s definitely happening and is affecting people.

So, no-one is noticing this…

I would’ve thought because it’s such a conflicting bug that it’d have been a hotfix required one because of the extent that it messes with the default controls.

How’d this not get picked up in testing, and how is it that no-one actually is even noticing it?

You can’t hold shift, and press B expecting your thrust to go up anymore.

You can’t hold shift, and press S expecting it to take off while trying to keep your WEP on.

The modifier itself is misinterpreting into the controls, or controls have been implemented that directly conflict with the default controls.

There’s not a lot of people reporting this, but when they get told about it they then realise they are being affected.

This needs escalation and it’s not being noticed.

The reports on the issue tracker aren’t being noticed, and this is genuinely a really bad issue…

You can’t fly, looking back, and rolling, with the throttle ‘on’, you can’t sit on the airfield with your engine revving, and brakes on.

Need this to be noticed, because it’s not being noticed on the bug tracker, and it’s a serious problem.

Default controls conflicting is a really bad look.

I’m also having the same problem, been driving me crazy.

It’s actually really surprising that no-one has literally noticed it.

I’d have thought this sort of thing would’ve been picked up by even the staff tht play the game, and actually reported as being serious, because it’s actually really critical.

@FlyingDoctor Hi! I will try to have a look at this issue soon. Please notify me if I forget ;), I’m pretty busy lately.

1 Like

Still a thing, and I almost feel the hanging alt modifier when you alt tab is actually part of it.

When you alt-tab sometimes you get locked up, and it’s the alt key staying on, which could explain some issues some have been having.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I have been pretty busy with R/L issues.

I have forwarded the report, but I need fresh files:

1. Client Log (clog)
  2. Screenshots taken using the in-game functionality

A replay can also help to identify the source of the issue.
Feel free to attach them here or in a PM.

I’ll make a video of it happening, as the controls are so messed that it’s horrid.

1 Like

I believe it cuz that shift+ those keys are bind for weapons selection mode so just unbind them should help.

That’s not how this should be and an actual example of why this shouldn’t even be a thing…

In planes where weapon selection isn’t even a thing, the default controls are being messed with, and stop you from doing various things.

You can press shift and e and it’ll work, shift q though doesn’t… So you can use your rudder whilst under power to the right, but not the left.

W and S are affected, and they are pitch override, when throttle is shift and ctrl.

All of these things shouldn’t be happening in the default controls as there should be no conflicts.

It is true that unbinding those controls would work around it, but it’s not a fix, and this should just not be a thing. Thanks though.