Can’t notch/chaff anything now

It seems like it’s been like that for a few days, but it’s not just me. I can’t avoid ARH missiles, so I even want to quit War Thunder.

4 Likes

Yup, seems like ARH missiles became literally impossible to notch recently.

4 Likes

After this patch, ARH seeker rarely sees the chaff.
Never thought Gripen would fail with 150+ chaff dumped. Seeker never saw the chaff.

4 Likes

Experienced same thing, chaffs are useless at this moment.
kinda hilarious tho

4 Likes

You’re right. ARH Seeker resistance went up significantly in the latest patch.

I like the fact that War Thunder is trying to be realistic. But recent patches like this only make the game sicker and never have a positive impact

2 Likes

The seeker performance of ARH missiles is abnormally high right now. It’s impossible to evade them using beam maneuvers and chaff. It’s good to be realistic, but let’s not forget that this is still a game. Especially in Air Realistic mode, where respawning isn’t possible, this creates a lot of frustration.

5 Likes

At least I was right. Thought I was going crazy. They should announce changes like this… almost went completely under the radar…

4 Likes

I also did not understand and do not understand such an attitude and behavior of the developer - to make changes that fundamentally break the system and not announce it.

4 Likes

What about AIM-54s?

They can track targets even if you spammed chaffs and turned over 90s?

Yep, even Fakour-90 ignores chaff too.
Pulse (not doppler) seekers also ignore the chaff.
I have no idea what is happening now.

1 Like

Any idea on if this will be getting fixed… getting a bit frustrated some that Aim-9Cs and R-3Rs don’t see chaff at all now…

I guess it is time to bring my Mirage IIIC for wiping F8U spammers XD

More realism wouldn’t even be that bad (especially since fox-3s were extremely easy to notch), the problem here is that, other than the fact that fox-3s now may be harder to notch than even real life, it seems even pulse missiles now are ignoring chaff, which is anything but realism…

On bright side, the Mirage F1 finally has chaff resistant radar missiles lmfao

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Yes, Fox-1 now also ignores dipoles, R-27EP is especially dangerous now - it is fast in itself and does not go into interference now.

We were still able to consistently notch+chaff radar locks from aircraft, the issue seems to be with the missiles themselves, ARH

1 Like

It’s not just ARH and late SARH missiles are ignoring chaff, even early missiles such as R3R with pulse seeker can easily ignore chaff right now, which is pretty hilarious.

4 Likes

This issue was fixed in 2.37.0.170. Good luck and good hunting everyone.

8 Likes

<3