Can more Canadian vehicles be added to the UK?

There are already Canadian anti-aircraft vehicles in the British technology tree. I think more Canadian vehicles should be added to the British technology tree, such as LAV-3 and Leopard-2A6M or other Canadian vehicles.

10 Likes

LAV 3 would go to the US prem tree due to it being made by a subsidiary of General Dynamics which is an American based company.

1 Like

lav 3 can enter the prem tree of the US, but lav 3 can also enter the researchable vehicles of the UK.

2 Likes

leopard 2a6m should go to germany, the canadian C2A1 is already in germany hence the canadian leo should go there too as it has no link to britain at all

3 Likes

The Canadian C2A1 is on the prem vehicle side. There is already a Canadian vehicle among the researchable vehicles on the British technology tree. It is basically certain that Canada will be placed on the British line.

1 Like

but britain has no links to the leopard series of tanks.
britian already got the challenger, the T-90 bhishbosh and now you want a leopard?
the leopard is inherently german and the C2A1, (which is also a leopard) went to germany, hence the Leopard-2A6M goes there too

4 Likes

The Canadian adats system has no connection with the UK, but it is still placed on the British technology tree.

2 Likes

It won’t Gaijin doesn’t normally add it to 2 trees simultaneously it’s one or the other.
Ex: Ram II, and M5A1(Stuart VI) are both Canadian however since the Ram II is a modified M3 Lee and the Stuart VI is just an M5A1 Stuart tank with no changes-> Remain on the US prem tree the same logic will apply to the LAV-3. It will not go to the British Tree if it was added.

1 Like

Gonna defends Hypno on this as much as I disagree with some things.
However, the ADAT’s main target was the Canadians. The US evaluated and saw it was not something they needed especially if an M163 which was some competition came into play. Which it did.

So reality Canadians were the main goal with the ADATS in mind, serviced in 1989 straight through 2012. Another thing to mention the Canadians gained their full independence in 1982 when their constitution was completed. Meaning they remained to have a very tight relationship with the UK and the US.

1 Like

New Zealand also has LAV 3(NZLAV). If Gaijin wants to give it, Gaijin can give one to the UK.

They’re not going to, Manufacturer=tree it goes too simple as is. Unless it’s captured it will go to the tree the vehicle was produced from. I don’t make the rules this is simply how it’s been done for years and I started playing back in 2017. So that’s 6 years, 6 months, and 7 days.

1 Like

I don’t know what Gaijin thinks. I just saw that the latest Challenger 3 is not as good as the German Leopard 2a6 in all aspects. I thought it would be better to give the Challenger 3 to the German-made Leopard 2. I don’t think Gaijin likes the British very much. After all, there is a joke that anti-30mm guns are equal to 30mm.

huh?

unfortunately, gaijin isnt really consistent with their TT implementations. but if you know me, i have tried to lobby for a consistent and concrete set of criteria for placement. and by that criteria as well as the links of the leopard to germany, it makes sense for my stance.
gaijin however… does not make sense 🥲

1 Like

He meant that the ERA/composiyr on the side skirts of CR2s are meant to stop 30mm autocannons such as bushmaster II or 2A42, but in WT it can only stop 30mm of ke instead of 30mm cannons rounds.

2 Likes

15667549497_62c79d2b55_o
Now this is what I wanted to see, the wolverine. It is a bison chassis with triple mounted javelin SAM in the LML config.
Javelins are British so it is technically more British than the skink.

2 Likes

Well, for me, Canada can be good legionnaire country (like as Middle East, Poland, Ukraine, and other countries, who have interesting vechiles, but haven’t it lot enough for have a separate tech tree), for fulfill gaps in already existed tech trees.

MEXAS (even if it a event tank) at Germany tree, and ADATS in GB is just like example of it.

Hunter F58 cough cough.

4 Likes

This is incorrect. Canada got independence in 1931 by signing the “Statute of Westminster” which made Canada and the other Dommions equal to the UK in the empire.

And Canada’s constitution was completed in 1867 when it became a country. what happened in 1982 was the constitution moved from being stored in the UK to being stored in Canada.

As a Canadian, the US should never get our domestic APCs. They can get their own known as the “Stryker”. The US should never get Canadian vehicles in the first place.