Camel´s Air SB Nation lineup

it’s not my job to write down ALL EC problems in a much bigger topic. I’m just sharing my wishes. I don’t have to justify myself for that. of course I don’t expect everyone to like my wishes.

but it is at least a solution to improve the quality of the mode. in combination with other important points of course.

I don’t have to justify myself for anything. I’m just sharing my wishes.

1. I want not less but more rooms.
    with an improved possibility to create user created battles. PAGE 1. clickable nation selection on all maps as desired! and the defaults should be a bit more authetic.

is this better or worse than the current nation system?!

1. everyone who likes the old official old rooms should get them back as an additional option. PAGE 2-5. these official rooms have the disadvantage that there are less options. but many people wished for these old rooms back. that’s why i put it in. as an additional option.

and in the user created battles you have more functions! the way it was before usefull action came with the many changes.

plus more improvements like. improved functions to start battles, improved placeholder AIs, plus no spwank costs but repair costs…and much more.

I had hoped that here people make more suggestions… instead here come two who only want to play troll.

That’s not what I was saying either. We were just asking for a clarification on 'the problem ’ you was referring to, so we could better understand. I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

I think what we’re looking for is a clarification, not justification. You vaguely touched on ‘the problem’ if at all when presenting a ‘solution’ that many of us objected to, and even saw as very damaging to sim.

As you’ve noticed, a lot of us think it is, and we’ve explained why. Another point is that for example US players might always exclude one nation that they consider “too OP” and don’t want to fly against, leaving those players with no lobbies.

The fact that you rarely ever see lobbies with these nation presets (which are already in the game) is evidence enough that people aren’t interested.
IMG_20231029_175249

How is that making it easier? People would be severely limiting the amount of the player base that could join.

You do realise that multiple nations are heavily reliant on having USA and USSR nations to play against? They are a significant part of the player base. Filling up rooms with USA&USSR players fighting only germans or something would take a big hit on the amount of rooms for example French or Swedish players would be able to join. especially 10.0 and above.

This would make that situation even worse since since those USA or USSR players wouldn’t even be able to join a game against smaller nations since they have to fill up your “role-play” USA vs Japan & USSR game for your historical amusement first? At any given time in sim there might only be enough USA or USSR players on to fill one game.

They would also cause a lot of problems, that’s our whole point, we are not “trolling” you.

than so that it is clearer what I mean I have removed the pictures with the official rooms.
obviously people did not understand.

one very important point. the current nation selection function was not requested by any player! it was introduced by the developers as an anti-abuse punishment in parallel with usefull action!

I want that:

because exactly that is much better than the current system. plus better functions to start rooms. then there are no problems. clickable nation selection has worked well for long time.

So can I make game where Japan/US fight Germany/Italy in World War II planes?

1 Like

then make a topic of your own and write what you want! I won’t stop you. that is the difference between us.

I want Japan in ww2 on the Axis side (Team Red) because any good flight sim would put Japan on the Axis side! in cold war of course on the US side (Team Blue).

I am asking to clarify what you are advocating for because you have not made it clear what it is.

I am asking a simple question because from the way that you have explained it that you would like to see the game limited to exclusively historical match-ups in historical settings.

I.E if I decide to play Italy World War 2…the only games I would be able to find / start would be limited to Western Front Allies vs Italy/Germany or Russia vs Italy/Germany.

1 Like

in the official rooms only (the pictures I have even specially deleted because these have not pleased you).

in the user created rooms:
USA, UK, France, Imperial China on all maps,

and to answer your question again. no. according to my imagination no. because japan on the ww2 allies site is an arcade setting.

So we are not really misunderstanding your suggestion. Your suggestion is basically to limit the number of national combinations that can end up facing off against each other in order to enforce some sense of historical realism.

My options is that it creates more problems than it solves and is akin to rearranging the deck chair on the Titanic.

The main issue is that it has the potential of arbitrarily shutting people out; not every tech tree has the same amount of players and unequal distribution of the player base creates a situation where not everyone is going to be able to have a good gameplay experience.

This issue isn’t really that big of a deal in props because the prop player base tends to gravitate towards whatever is the flavor of the day plane is, and usually all ends up in one or two rooms.

The real problem is top tier. Your arbitrary limitations means that the NATO side is going to stomp the USSR side into the dust for the foreseeable future.

This is already largely the case where top tier games are always player advantaged to the US side. The last largely populated USSR game that I had in the MiG-29 SMT only had 17 players filter through the friendly side for the duration of the whole game while sided with France…while the US side had around twice that number.

And that was probably the only relatively balanced USSR lobby; every other lobby is basically going to have USSR fighting at a 2:1 disadvantage. Limiting that playerbase even further is just going to exacerbate that problem.

1 Like

You’ve excluded Israel from WW2 nations? They still have a Rank 4 with a spitfire among other stuff.
You also excluded Swedish flag, is this because Sweden didn’t fight during WW2 and/or do you only want Finnish props to be able to join?

In the Cold War, rank 5+ of your picture, will “Team Red” never be able to select any other nations than Germany, USSR or China on their team?

I don’t want to be mean but your English isn’t helping… “Between these nation lineup should be able to choose!” ??
And when Feetpics asks to clarify a small thing you lash out and ask him to create a new topic?

If I understand you correctly, creating a lobby and choosing nations in Cold War or later would look like this:

Not only does this obviously limit the number of national combinations, but it also creates an issue where it allows players to de-select a team they don’t like fighting? Sure If you want to simulate a historical battle between 2 nations I guess it makes sense- but at the cost of excluding 80% of the player base!

I honestly think you should keep your roleplaying to custom battles. You’re still able to select your nations however you like over there.

Sim’s current problem is player count and player retention. The reason for this bad player count/retention is most likely 99% problems that we discussed in Frank Williams “Air SB and potential benefits” thread from a week ago and <1% “role-players” mad they can’t fight their specific nation-orientation.

We need to focus on the hard-hitting changes. Useful actions, Mission objectives, Rewards, low player count, having better control presets for new players (I think this issue is wildly understated). It shouldn’t take hours for someone to figure out a decent control setup to even start playing, massive entry barrier.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this nation-selection proposition of yours slashed the player base in half because of the various issues it would create. Save it for when Simulator battles also has tens of thousands of active players like Air RB, when your roleplaying sessions wouldn’t significantly hurt the player base, until then - keep it to Custom battles.

my ww2 nation selection has several 100 different constellations! plus the official rooms that I have even deleted.
Bild1
the current nation sets [that you find so great] have only 8 sets = only 8 constellations (!)

and you want to tell me I would limit the selection?

my cold war nation selection have slightly less options. but that would also work well. the Sim panzer battles also work. the problem here is not too few players because of the nation setting, but because of the rotation.