Call of the Dragon: Earn the Object 292!

I stopped the event grinding bullshit long ago. When I saw how much time it took from me being with my loved ones. And it was difficult dealing with FOMO but I did it with some help of course. Not all people are able to this and this is what Gaijin wants.

8 Likes

This is clearly a big factor, they have made it harder the get the vehicle for most people. It also happens to be a very unique tank that many people will want

Well, I guess War Thunder now is a legit 9-5 job

3 Likes

I’ve been skipping the last ones cause I have better things to do than to grind them. I don’t have tons of GJN but I have a lot of event vehicle coupons waiting for the right time to sell. Lately, I’m doing the same as you, buy several for cheap, keep one of those I want and save the extra ones to sell in a couple of years. Still I think the game, and especially events, were much better before the arrival of Gaijin Market.

2 Likes

It’s a popular prototype and likely to have uniquely high penetration, amongst other things.

Gaijin has calculated a rather high amount of Mission Score required to get the vehicle.

It’s almost mandating the use of low rank event clubbing vehicles in order to get the required Mission Score simply to unlock the vehicle.

So if you don’t have an event clubber like say Pansarbil m/40, or you don’t have rank 7/8 ground forces, or you simply don’t have much free time (Like people with full time jobs or in full time education) this is a challenging grind.

The alternative is to fork out money for GE to GE the stages.

It is somewhat predating on people for Gaijin to pick a very juicy carrot, put it at the end of a stick and heavily incentivise many behaviours which reduce the fun of the game.

Monotonous powergrind, using meta vehicles or squadding together to stomp hard and get the most mission score for time.

Or simply pay up. But even to pay up for it, someone had to grind an even more ridiculous grind.

Gaijin are the only people who know the average mission score that players get and at which ranks and br’s. This is calculated to be as hard as it is.

It is a hard grind.

It makes the game actively worse to incentivise people to do unfun things like grind long hours or use meta lineups or do all these things.

You shouldn’t get the vehicle without some additional effort, but this level of effort mandated is detrimental to the game.

9 Likes

My average score with meta lineups/vehicles is 2200 - 3400 per match before multiplier.
I posted my lineups in response to Deathmisser on another thread.
I need 360,000 multiplied score for the tank, or 270,700 score.
Or about 15100 score per day. If I do poorly then that’s 10 matches.

@cr_xlr8
Go bait elsewhere.
There’s nothing predatory about making getting event vehicles easier.
I’ll play for the event vehicles, cause I will spend 30% of my free time to play the event. Which is 3 hours a day.

Your options are:
1- Play the event, earning ~34,000 mission score every 2 days.
2- Spend $40 worth of GE to pay for the 8 stages.
3- Wait for the market coupon [worst idea].
4- Not go for the vehicle.

Again, this event is easier than all previous events. It’s only one vehicle.
Ironically I got 2 vehicles last event cause of how much I played air RB over naval.

2 Likes

And sadly you are right. In this day and age there are many addictions, this is just one of them. Not as bad as others but still an addiction and if you send the time on this game that Gaijin wants it will ruin your life the same as any other addictions. Imagine sending 8 hours a day playing war thunder instead of with wife/girlfriend or with our kids or not working/school.

1 Like

I hated the old events that made you do 40k a day for each vehicle meaning 80k over 2 days (naval is dead).

The events like the TOG 2 were a much needed revamp but still too much to enjoy playing and making it a grind despite being 40k every 2 days (it might of been 35k a day i dont remember tbh)

This is now 45k every 2 days so worse than the TOG, they have gone in the middle ground of two bad systems…

1 Like

Sure. That’s a reasonable approach when the coupons starting price is ±20GJN. Problem is that only a fraction of players will achieve 750k score to get this event’s coupon. The starting price will be in a range of 120GJN and only go up steeply from there. Mark my words.

If you want to make it tradeable it’s still 40k every day, or 80k per 2 days.

How to make $1000 Marketplace vehicles - Call of the Dragon: Earn the Object 292! . . . . lol
Yeah, there seems to be a fair amount of players that “play the market”, which personally I don’t understand how it has much of anything to do with the “war game” I started playing 10 years ago, but . . . to each his own. I have “dabbled”, but not to seek “profit”, merely gather in something interesting to me here and there. But I can see this new event format generating some vehicles for sale there and the prices will be a lot better than the $20’s the last event vehicles were getting . . just a guess, . . . we will see . . . . gl either way

1 Like

Addendum, I remember the grind from the mobile infantry a good couple months or so back, and I fully finished that event, got everything from it, and didn’t sell anything, I want the vehicles I grind for, It’s my reward. Yet after finishing that event, I was so sick of playing war thunder that I took a full month away from even playing the game. Its wonderful that seeming you don’t receive burnout from having to play a game for hours and hours on end to get something from, as cr_xlr8 said,

Imagine having to do almost twice that amount of grind, being twice the time needed sunk into an event that now, will happen how often? Four times a year? Any normal person that can even do these events firstly, will go mad trying to actually achieve this damn near exploitative amount of grind.

I thought it was bad before i knew this…

45K and 750K???!!Are you kidding me?

5 Likes

I’m a collector, I’m happy if I get the vehicle for using it myself so I’ll either grind it and/or buy the stars for less than that. The rest I see it as an investment opportunity for buying premiums in the future, let’s wait and see.

Sir, they’re done at the same time.
And if you want the vehicle for yourself, that 750,000 is irrelevant to you.
It’s 360,000 to get the vehicle for yourself.

1 Like

Why is this event called “Call of the Dragon” but its a Russian tank and not Japanese or Chinese? Gaijin makes not sense once again. And 45K points per stage? Damn

1 Like

For the sake of others I’ve linked it.

1 Like

I’d like to see a “community building exercise” livestream where the people who proposed the SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND point requirement, also get to grind for the trade coupon
It would be a great way to interact with the community!

13 Likes

Please remove the time limit for completing the stages, it’s nonsense to force players to play every day.

3 Likes