Buff The SU-27SM / J-11A Or Fix The R-77

No mmW module ?

I managed to find it but report on loss of a MiG 29 I don’t have the energy to scroll through the UA MoD daily reports

Take it as you will

What on earth has happened whilst I was gone, I don’t read this thread in a hot minute and this happens lmao.

Anyways, the SU-27SM received more R-77s which is pretty nice but the J-11A is still stuck with the same N001/SPO-15LM and only has a single DL channel for R-77 guidance.

4 Likes

Some people started to argue about effectiveness of russian missiles and systems within the framework of one very specific ongoing conflict. The usual in another words

You know that’s bathers me? That it afaik is J-11A MLU as indicated by MAWS and, if I’m not mistaken, it should use own Chinese missiles instead of russian import

2 Likes

Well, you’re incredibly lucky today! Because I scrolled through those reports for you, and there’s no confirmation of the loss of a MiG-29.

The confirmation of the shootdown was based solely on a missing radar blip. Next, I guess just the pilot’s word will be enough for confirmation. Something new, lol (actually, not).

Don’t ban me, this is the last time!

1,14 MiG-29B units-. due to UN sanctions, they experienced problems with the functioning of radars and other electronic devices. The overhaul period for the fighters expired in 1996. Only 9 MiG-29s were in airworthy condition…
2. - no more than 35 MiG-21bis and 12 MiG-21MF…
3. At the beginning of the operation, NATO deployed a group of 344 aircraft against Yugoslavia. By the time the operation ended (June 10, 1999), the group already numbered 1,031 aircraft.
4. As part of the NATO strike groups-355 aircraft…For example, up to 25-30 aircraft were included in the strike groups, including 15-19 F/A -18 Hornet, 7-10 F-14 Tomket, two to four EA-6 In Prowler, and two E-2S Hokai.

1 Like

These sound like very weak excuses. The aggressor’s advantage in both conflicts was overwhelming. Moreover, it’s not even necessary to achieve air superiority over the entire country under attack. But what prevented them from doing so over the front lines and suppressing the air defenses? Nothing, except for the fact that the aircraft were unable to do so due to the critical inefficiency of the weapons being used.
Additionally, Ukraine’s air force suffered from chronic underfunding, had not undergone significant modernization since the collapse of the USSR, and its pilots had very limited flight hours.

Yes, this is definitely the last time.

The double standards are crazy

I agree with you. But the truth turned out to be so overwhelming that people are trying to find any kind of excuse.

I never make excuses, I have dry statistics, and you have a very weak idea of the current conflict (or you are deliberately manipulating the facts).!, The moderator wrote that he did not like this topic, I wrote about it in detail earlier find my posts…
1.Your second mistake (this is often done in the West)…they consider the entire size of the armed forces and want to present the situation so that they all take part in this conflict!..
2. For Serbia, I have given you the number of NATO Forces in the direction (that is, the so-called Operational Command)…
3. Russia is a large country and the VKS regiments, including air defense, continue to be on duty in Kamchatka, in the Far East, in the North, in the Leningrad and Moscow Military Districts, in the Kaliningrad region and the support group of the Belarusian Air Force in the Western direction…
For example…(I’ll say right away there is a full version of the video-but it was later deleted, I won’t post it either)…information is for reference only… Су-30СМ сбивает БПЛА ВСУ во Владимирской области… | Осведомитель | ВКонтакте (vk.com)
4. At the beginning of the conflict, Ukraine’s air defense was ranked third in the world after Russia and the United States…
5. Aircraft-Russian Air Force types (for the last 20 Years, the quantitative composition has not increased-this is the policy of the Ministry of Defense to change qualitatively) -550 units (Su-25 / Su-27/ Su-30/ Su-35 /MiG-31 / Su-24/Su-34)…this is for the entire territory of Russia and not in the direction of Ukraine…
6.According to the World Air Forces 2022 handbook, released by the FlightGlobal information portal.
98 combat aircraft. These include: 43 MiG-29 light fighters, 26 Su-27 heavy fighters, 12 Su-24 front-line bombers and 17 Su-25 attack aircraft. All aircraft are presented without modifications.
7. That is, in the case of the Russian Air Force, the maximum advantage at best was 2.5-3 to one …, and not 10 to one as in NATO In 1999…

4 Likes

Guys. Enough is enough about real world politics, lets focus on the thread at hand

4 Likes

that it is ongoing is unfortunate but how else valuate the effectiveness of (in particular not seen anywhere else) missiles?
remember wen the world thought aim9b and aim7e were so great we don’t need guns anymore?
same in the uk and Russia btw see Havilland Sea Vixen and early mig21 most interceptors mig25 su9/su11(the su7 fighter variant not the dual engine su11 prototype )

the Vietnam war changed that very rapidly

not to mention gaijin even added drones. i can only think of a single conflict were drones played a major rule and that one is ongoing. wt isn’t black ops/cod/mw so drones used in isolated counter terroist or assassination capacity does not make them a fit for war thunder

Well, there WAS one conflict there drones were used quite extensively by one side (even if jurry-rigged to fire ATGMs because said drones were manufactured to use bombs) against armored targets such as tanks. The point is Gaijin (and forum moderators in specifics) doesnt want to touch this because it still too controversial and guaranteed to cause, that we call, “a holy war” in comment section

yea

IMO, the R-77s are definitely inferior to the AMRAAM, anyone who uses them can tell you that. A solution I would posit would perhaps be the R-27EA, an active radar variant of the R-27E series

1 Like

I played them and can’t agree they are just different
Its like saying r27et/er are ass becouse they can’t compete with the aim54

Well in a long range fight ofcurse not but at close range the r27er/et are much much better

With the r77 vs aim120 the differences are alot closer than the previous example
The r77 doesn’t have a sustainer so long range fights just aren’t a thing for the r77
But the aim120 accelerates pretty slowly and doesn’t turn very great either until waiting atlest 1km

The r77 can hit things alot closer and at a much higher Angle between the Target and launch aircraft

ngl, sounds like a good idea.

1 Like

Can’t wait for that
That thing will destroy the aim120 in everything at effective Combat Ranges

Basically going from something decently Balanced to Something straight out better until getting to the very long range
See the black lines And it’s probably even worse given how the r27e gets alot of its power from a 3.2 second Booster while most other missiles use a 6 second Booster