Buff The SU-27SM / J-11A Or Fix The R-77

In fact, Gaijin can directly add more modern Flankers such as Su-30MKI and J-11B(early) to solve the problem, and then put them and some other stronger aircraft at present into BR 14.0. 27SM and J11A are only minor modernization upgrades of old Flanker.
After all, it is not easy for the J-11B (early) equipped with modern radar and PL-12 missiles to outperform the F-15JM with the current Flanker’s FM…The MKI’s empty weight has increased to more than 18t,although PESA radar, it is hard to say how powerful it is.
Even better, the MKI and J11B entered service very close to the time the F-15C received its HMD.

Yea the flanker family tree is huge
Almost like Mirage but atlest all flankers Share the basic Shape unlike Mirage
https://www.reddit.com/r/acecombat/comments/1646mwt/just_in_case_you_need_more_flankers_to_pad_out/

The MKI would be a bad choice, it’s an export variant not used by the Russian Air Force. The Su-30SM would be the variant to add here.

The MKI has a TGP, unlike the Su-30SM

Isn’t the flight model of the su30 worse given it has 2 crew Members instead of 1 so alot of extra space and Weight?

Depends on the variant. Su-30MKI (India), MKA (Algeria), MKM (Malaysia), SME (Myanmar) and SM/SM2 (Russia) have thrust vectoring (and much stronger engines from the Su-35S in case of the SM2). MKK/MK2 (China), MKV/MK2 AMV (Venezuela), MK2V (Vietnam) and M2 (Russia) that lack it are direct downgrades in terms of maneuverability compared to the base Su-27 for the reasons you mentioned.

1 Like

The SM2 does not have an engine from the Su-35S

The main reason why su30sm is not mentioned is because of R-77-1. 771×8 may be more suitable to be given a higher BR than mki. It probably should fight against later F15 (with aim120c)

Just about every source I could find says it does. Wiki page on the Su-30, wiki page on the AL-31/41, Rostec’s website, Military Watch, Army Recognition, even the MoD’s website mentions it.

All these sources are complete nonsense

The engine will appear only next year

No wonder I missed it, it’s not an easily indexable text source. Either way, it’ll have them by the time it could realistically be added to the game so the point still stands as far as War Thunder is concerned.

so all su30 are just worse su27 with better radar?
but some have canards so better stall speeds and maneuverability ?

The most basic variant? Seems so, new radar is nice, but doubt it worth worsen flight performance

That video only concerns the Su-30SM2 specifically and its engines. The other variants I previously mentioned still have thrust vectoring even if they don’t get any more thrust but do get more weight.

wonder how the tech tree will look like in the future
su35 after the su27 su30 in the su25 line and the su34 in the bomber line given its apparently the su24 replacement ?

with the abysmal way TVC missiles are added expect TVC aircraft engines to be a downside

3 Likes

Yes, the Su-30 is worse in maneuverability than the Su-27, with the exception of the Su-30 with a TVC.

1 Like

Because of gaijin’s horrible modelling of Thrust vectoring missiles fixed it for you

3 Likes

it will be rUSSiaN biAS you can’t say that

3 Likes

I think they shadow buffed the R-77s, they feel way better now and I’m getting way more kills. The extended HMD range helps but there is definitely something else going on.

I think I can finally remove the R-27ER from my main Su-27SM loadout.

Edit: I think the drag has been reduced even more, I didn’t play much of this plane before the update but they were not this good.