British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

Oh also annoyingly the Striker has been bugged since the patch before last, Gaijin swapped who the gunner was back and forth then didn’t end up fixing it. So currently the commander does not have fire control powers like he should.

3 Likes

I’d consider that extremely unlike, the planned in service date for the sight was 1981, it ended up being 1983? Either way you’re at the cusp of when tanks are recieving thermal optics, Leopard 2s and Challenger 1s didn’t even have them at this point.

Also wannt point out “Sighting: Monocular x1 or x10” is far bette than our x4 - x8 atm
If you wanna give me the sources, i’ll make the bug reports.

OK join Armoured Archives discord
discord.gg/E5hHfgm

Gen 2 sights weren’t really a thing in our AFVs until the 2000s.

AFAIK the thermal imager being talked out there was the Thorn MRTI that BAE offered to export Swingfire users as an upgrade for the dismounted sight, not the Striker’s integrated sight which to my knowledge continued to use the Barr & Stroud CS that was introduced in 1980s to replace the No.43 sight (FV616721). No.43 sight is the one on the Striker model ingame
MRTI

Yeah I think the program to make the first Gen 2 only began in 1993??

Anyone got any info what sight does Striker use? All i know it is from Barr and Stroud

Anyone got info atbout that ROMOR-A trial?

Spoiler

I cant find anything

I finally got around the updating the main post. The Martel section now has more detailed information based on documents from the National Archives.

15 Likes

you be like oh you need help with adding sraam to the game. here take my 138 pages of not at all classified documents.

1 Like

Looks like the martel has made its appearance with the Bucc S2B

3 Likes

first datalink AGM
Bias

Too many british vehicles this update… time to get skipped for 5 updates

Doesnt the Kormoran also have Datalink?

*Hopefully datalinked

The GBU-15 & AGM-62 have been in the game for how long? its just that the Datalink pods haven’t been added, nor the capability that should be present.

1 Like

As the leak list is very accurate so far, the presence of the A6E SWIP kinda signals there could be datalink capability coming to the AGM-62 ER with this update as well.

That has been on every list

That would require the -ER/DL modification, and nominally the Walleye II (2000lb class Linear shaped charge warhead vs the existing 800lb one), not the -I, either that or go straight for the AGM-84E SLAM

You do know that SRAAM an ASRAAM are 2 different missiles and SRAAM is already in game found on the Hunter F6 and Harrier Gr1 right?