British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

In terms of weapons systems for missiles what is the minimum requirement for them to be added? If they test boosters and warheads would they be viable or does the entire missile need to be constructed?

Unless you’ve got some seriously good friends who are prepared to get arrested for leaking official secrets, give you and themselves a minor radiation dose, this is just quite frankly stupidity.

1 Like

Totally understand the penetration values run off of a system that factors these things into mind, but noone is going to provide them this info. Its impossible, which is why its been chosen. Spoof the numbers and work backwards until the penetration matches the documents? How hard is that? To make educated guesses.

Appauling stance, honestly.

honestly thats the only reasonable thing we can do. We can guess/assume its Tungsten or DU, depending on the round used, say "it must be able to penetrate this thickness according to the docs and say thats what the projectile must weigh and what speed it must go.

I don’t understand how nations with more resteictive regimes in terms of national security and document security are supposed to have a chance of fixing stuff

The only realistically fair stance would be for gaijin to say "hey look we know nothing really other than this this and this, we’ll aim to balance vehicles by giving them this this and these factors stats whatever to make them all equal.

1 Like

Can everyone do us a favour and en-masse report the issues with HMS Peacock/ LÉ Orla. They’re too slow and have no ammo. If the Bussard can have 400 rpg then so can we.

2 Likes

yo you got a link for those? id love to

I already tried to report it back in the day pointing out the ‘human mistake’ as they obviously copy-pasted the gun from that Sparviero italian premium boat without even considering a slight difference in vessels sizes, but a certain tech mod closed it instantly, because even for such an obvious issue you have to provide all the docs in the world for them to even bother taking a look at it. (I don’t have any docs on the matter, and neither have I seen any posted anywhere)
Also while at it you may take a look at Fairmile D (697) 2.7 boat and its torpedos, then check the same torpedos on any plane that carries them, like Firecrest, Wyvern or Firebrand, just for yet another confirmation on what kind of attitude the devs have towards british tech.

7 Likes

And don’t forget that the 21’’ torpedo is missing torpex explosive which means it has less TNTe than the aforementioned 18’’ torpedo

2 Likes

My favourite though is still Alecto’s HEAT penetration, a solid proof, that gaijin’s staff flat out doesn’t know, how to read, it’s like the guy was looking through all the docs available to find the lowest possible value to put into the game, didn’t bother that 110mm is for 30 degree.
_be063e0071b72f3b23e176980db4f7e0.png.9b775d5f9d1d8b179faeeb7773abc561.png.5ce1d929e54fafc32bb0d06853d31d65

1 Like

funny fact, someone did actually report the torpedo issue on the old forums, like a week before they were closed. i dont think we will be seeing that change any time soon

as for the peacock/orla ammo count and speed, they have been reported before but as usual it was denied for the same silly reason.

EVEN funnier is that they actually had 56 kmh top speed, but that is the “sprint” speed, which is temporary (even if it can maintain this speed for extended periods)

I wonder if any Soviet ships have their “sprint” speed as their max speed. God knows the SKR is blatantly busted. M-17 is also bullshit.

1 Like

Seems about right. We aren’t even on the list.

10 Likes

Oh god, yeah that thing is busted. Seen one tank a full broadside (12x 6 inch shells) from the Belfast

We aren’t on there lmfao.
At this point how badly we’re ignored isn’t even a joke.

3 Likes

Britain are in war thunder ?? XD

5 Likes

I just found it, so im going to drop it here for the future
2:37 Archer on the MAN truck

1 Like

Why only 15s for Skyflash and more for the others

Because Gaijin has decided the Skyflash can’t be in the same class as the AIM-7F/M (in the same way that it has a worse seeker than the 7F wtf) because of the range disparity probably.

2 Likes