British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

Sabre was a Fox turret on a Scorpion hull after the retirement of both of the fox and scorpion

Yeah just a Fox turret with the coax GPMG replaced with an L94 chain gun, stuck on a Scorpion hull with some new stowage boxes

Spoiler

Functionally the same as the current Scimitar. Bigger weak spot at the turret ring perhaps

1 Like

Got it.

I’m all for any new Brit AFVs and like a sucker - would probably grind the event for it. However, I can’t help but feel it isn’t distinct enough from what we already have to get people fired up for it. After all, you can get to 7.7 fairly sharpish in the Brit tree and get a close equivalent surely?

Really hope we get a modernised Scimitar at some point - even if its dead on arrival (I dont imagine it’ll ever be amazing due to the lack of stabiliser)

I believe a suggestion is already in for one?

My dad is an ex HCR Life Guard, the Scimitar (And Challenger DS) have a very special place in my heart

I’m sure they’ll come at some point, and wont be surprised if at least 1 of them isn’t a premium or something, given the work they’ve already done making 4 additional RARDEN-equipped CVR(t)s.

All 3 models were looking pretty complete apart from some textures on the optics and the fact they all had the old coaxial NV sight installed with the armoured shutter open, when really it shouldn’t be there at all on any Scimitar with thermals.

Still looking for pictures of the inside of the E-SPIRE Scimitar turret to prove the NV sight doesn’t fit under the huge thermal periscope, if it needs to be bug reported when they come to the game to get the NV sight removed and the shutter closed.

Closest I even have to photos of E-SPIRE is the commercial NV2300 sight which (from memory) used the same gunner’s complex below armour, but with a different sight head
AVIMO3200
But it’s not much use when it’s not in-situ on a Scimitar.

I swear to GOD if its an event vehicle i will… do nothing… CBA to play this game when im in my KSP/Minecraft binge at the moment.

Ive got better things to do then spend my time grinding for a vehicle that should have been TT.

1 Like

Would be apt for us to get our best scimitar variant as an event vehcile.

1 Like

Don’t worry, I’m sure they’ll release the scorpion & the saladin around 2030 to make up for it!

Forget modernised Scimitar, I want the Scorpion Kastet. A BTR turret with missiles on a Scorpion chassis.

1 Like

Scorpion Kastet

What an abomination

7 Likes

Holy rat vehicle.

2 Likes

Pah - amateurs.

Take a Series Land Rover (not a vehicle known for it’s ability to steer in a straight line - at least I’ve never driven one that didn’t wander around the road) and stick half a CVRT track system on the back. I give you the Land Rover Laird Centaur.

image

Would sir like to have some rockets on the back? Certainly.

I can only imagine what an absolute bugger that would be to steer…

*Hmm - actually it isn’t a Series III Landy - sorry - Stage 1 V8. Even better! At least you can deafen everyone on the map as you struggle to park the thing.

7 Likes

Now that is the kind of event vehicle we should be seeing

1 Like

we need this

The Fox turret does have more gun depression though, -14 rather than -10 on the Scimitar

wether or not the hull allows that much depression is another issue

True, but at least over the sides and rear it should be achieveable

gaijob pls gib

1 Like

image


image

Hopefully we see some of the FVT925 series eventually.

25mm Bushmaster cannon (Stabilised) with an additional TOW launcher in some configurations, I believe thermals were also an option.

Would act a British competitor to the XM800T, being less mobile but having a larger gun with more damage/penetration but with a lower firerate.

4 Likes

I mean, we always got the 25mm armed fox. Not sure it was stabilised but would be cool nontheless.

1 Like