British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

Secondary source works for me, its atleast worth a try. Fire it my way.

4 Likes

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but:
What’s up with the British tech tree’s ADATS tank destroyer, being the Canadian one anyway?
The ADATS turret system was mounted successfully onto a Warrior Chassis. Surely this would have been a far more suitable solution for the UK given it’s a home-brew chassis and trialed by the UK, rather than an allied nation?

@Gunjob Any ideas on why that might be, or if we’re likely to see that corrected/changed in the future to the domestic version?

239080-12b2c8004b51ed57a3d0913962f9b0a0

3 Likes

Wasnt that just a mock up though?

If not then it should definitely be in place of the adats, maybe gaijin can give us some other funtional high teir SPAAs that arent broken as anything (looking at you Stormer)

It’s possible that Gaijin’s potential reason for add Canada in British TT in the future.
Just let me hopium…

3 Likes

So far as i’ve found: it was a fully functional ADATS assembly placed on a modified (slimmer, lower profile) Warrior chassis as a part of British Army Equipment Exhibition 1988 by GKN.
They removed one set of road wheels to make it shorter, it had radar absorbant armor applied and was dubbed Reconaissance warrior

1 Like

Best guess. its identical to the US one in the US TT (as far as I am aware). easy C&P

Nah, completely different vehicle.
USA gets Bradley ADATs which mounts it on an M3 Bradley hull, with an autocannon as well.
GBR gets an M113 with no autocannon, from Canada

1 Like

So, we got screwed then, figured they were C&P

Perhaps you can request the Canadian MMEV, after all he has already brought the M113 chassis ADATS to the UK

3 Likes

But do we need more ADATS armed things? If radar, IRST and missiles stay the same it will be another TD that can act as a SAM.

I just read about it. Scout drone, upgrade to the FLIR, 3D radar and ability to shoot out of sight. Would be interesting.

1 Like

We still have tracked Rapier as a Sam system

And more Mock ups and other stuff.

The stormer HVM also can carry Martlet Missles wich would have a proxy fuse.

And for the real modern stuff: CAM also seems to have a air sensor so that it can be used on it’s on.

Also an interesting concept: a BAE Turret with Rapier and 25mm for the Bradley

Land Ceptor would be very cool, but it is too soon for it. Ignoring the CAMM, Giraffe that can be seen on the picture is a 100km IRST. Martlet should have been on the stormer for a long time (in game) but it is not due to not. And if Rapier gets added it will be either before the stormer.

The range on Rapier isn’t great, tops out at about 6.5 km:

We should definitely have had it in the tree by now though.

2 Likes

We should, but do we have? No. Not like you need to use a Gun SPAA up to the 10.0 BR (as stormer is 10.3, UK gets first SAM last br wise)

Is that for the MK2B version?

The original Rapier

Could tracked rapier take the upgraded versions?

Yes I belive so
Tracked Rapier anti-aircraft missile system | Missilery.info at least to this source