British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

you dont see many flares at 9.7 and 10.0 and the SRAAM usage situation wont change much, this is still Gods mightiest dogfight missile so they wont even notice it before its up their afterburner

Harriers (x4), Ayit. Hunter F58, Q-5s. etc etc.

Let alone the fact you almost always get uptiered to face A-10s and F-5s in my experience.

Let alone people just using rockets as flares :P

1 Like

maybe im just a rat with my missiles at that BR, I use my 9E as a “you cant extend away from me anyways but im going to really make sure you wont” rocket. will be using it as that now as well as my comically good turning dogfight missile

Yeah. 9Es I find can be constantly defeated by turning. You cant kinematically defeat SRAAMs

1 Like

Ive used the SRAAM (on live) to hit a target on the far inside of my turn after they darted past my nose. its an incredible missile if youre in range, im glad nobody else has them

That is what I use to do back in like 2022 and had quite good success in SB vs Viggen Cs and Mig-23s in the Harrier GR1 (use to face each other in the old brackets)

but then they started just bugging out and gave up with that tactic.

Now they’ve been fixed… I will be trying it again.

Just need them on the GR4 with HMS :P

1 Like

Would like to see the SRAAM on a lot more aircraft too. other harriers and whatever else we can glue it to

Jags and Hawks I think have the best chance

2 Likes

What about Gnats? as that darling is still in service at the time of SRAAMs testing

Did it carry missiles?
Though I think the Gnat should be kept as a gunfighter

2 Likes

Do we have any data on the seeker of the SRAAM? I’ve heard its flare resistance was better IRL than ingame.

image

Also, the CAMM-ER can hit >1500m/s ingame, the statcard is not totally correct it seems (it states ~1000m/s).

not sure if it ever used SRAAM however considering the Gnat is for the most part a smaller, cheaper but slightly better hunter i see no reason why not.

There is some beautiful photos showing its payloads.
image

Very optimistic in my personal opinion but theres a photo indicating that it could use the firestreak

3 Likes

Flame might, but tbh. Im guessing that its game limitation issues. Giant red hot afterburner plume would be the hotter target than the flare and therefore it would just go for the hotter target. In game the flare is almost always the hotter target.

Also it was all-aspect in the 1960/70s Im guessing the main way it did that was just being super sensitive to heat

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/uMO3VGJ8IjBf

2 Likes

Ah nice. so maybe? But I think at 8.7/9.0 would be a lot healthier for the Gnat

unless its BOL where my breath is hotter

The Gnat could use Firestreaks?

Sadly we don’t seem to have the all aspect seeker modelled ingame, although the seeker is still quite good

1 Like

Yeah, though again in-game vs IRL is where things get blurry

1 Like

Yeah, and unlike the Red Top. I dont think it would be a smart idea for aircraft without flares as it would just result in a BR increase though I think we could argue for a slight expansion of rear-aspect lock angles instead