British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion

Due to my PC being a potato at the time, I missed the heyday of the Hunter F.6, so maybe with this rework I’ll have an excuse to spade it.

God I hope its what we want/need.

Harrier GR1 and Hunter F6 just sit their starring at me (especially in SB with no DOA uptiers) and I can never be bothered to bust them out

1 Like

The SRAAM rework coming and it being confirmed we’re getting CAMM-ER not just CAMM is some welcome news

CAMM-ER also seems to have 45km range, so it at least outranges the SLM

I just wish they’d give the Harrier GR.1 flares, I know it’s not exactly historical but there’s no reason it couldn’t fit the flare pod the other harriers have

2 Likes

Camm normal is just asraam with arh seeker right?

ASTER-30 with 100km range, which should actually even be longer range than that (120km or so)

And turnover/positioning pack

Though CAMM is limited to mach 3. Should be higher than that. So defo some reports are gunna be needed.

From what ive been told, the RADAR for the ASTER launcher is pretty terrible.

You shouldn’t be able to lock a fighter sized target above 35-45km, so the insane range is much less useful

What should it be?

ASRAAM should be greater than Mach 4.

CAMM wont have the benefit of thinner air or starting speed. But I think it would fair to assume it could be higher than Mach 3, especially CAMM-ER.

Would be tricky to prove for CAMM, but might be worth a try

1 Like

Arabel is trash, but not that trash

https://www.forecastinternational.com/archive/disp_pdf.cfm?DACH_RECNO=1023

70 km against aircrafts
20 km against missiles

It will still be meh because of the refresh rate on non engaged targets and multipath though

That would make sense, I couldnt work out how they can balance 120km ARH missiles vs things like IRIS-T SLE, but if the radar heavily mitigates it, then that makes sense. Especially if they do MP realistically on SAMs

Where did you see this?

Gzsabis list came out

Damn how come the UK isn’t getting the AH-64E?

1 Like

I don’t know why you’re asking me

Yeah well 70 is still a lot

Unfortunately i think we are in the good old power creep spiral again (Rafale F3R shenanigans again)
CAMM ER seems a bit more reasonable, but still good.

One could argue the UK and Italy deserved it at least X)

1 Like

I genuinely find it a good break that Italy finally has the meta spaa

1 Like

Yeah, though munition interception only being 20km helps offset that a bit too.

1 Like

70 km is only against large aircraft. It is 35-45 km against fighter / ground attack aircraft sized targets (according to two primary sources shown in the French discord).

4 Likes