The Stormer HVM cant lock onto aircraft that are close to the ground from TPV. Does anyone know if this is correct, or something that should be reported?
I’ve got a report in for any aircraft detected by the ADAD should auto cue for the sight to lock.
That should increase the “lock range” quite bit as well right?
No, the IR tracker still has its own limits, but the cue to target shouldn’t be limited by the sights range, won’t permit you to auto track it though. I suppose you could spam the “lock target” button in 3rd person, like a PoundLand TWS haha.
You do that and youll just be getting your neck snapped as it trys to track the 6 recon drones up, one of wich is 14km away and over your af.
Btw, dont know if you would know anything about this but do you know what temp the drones are coded at? Ive had multiple times when ive been able to lock a friendly drone trying to kill a heli while ive been unable to lock the heli… some of them could have been that it was struggling to lock both but shouldnt the heli have been the bigger target to lock?
Not a clue mate.
Fair enough, although it has given me an idea. Like on the lav where you use the hydra to extand the range of a stinger maybe you could do the same with a recon drone as im pretty sure you can lock them further out than any heli.
Although, i think the only spaa in game with a recon drone is the 2s38.
Yeah, but i’ve had a few times where Ive gotten the marker at the top of my screen, but hitting the lock button does nothing, I assume the target is in-range to be detected by the IRST but too far to be locked on.
Yes, the ADAD has different limits compared to the sight.
Is it possible to get some sort of dev response to the lack of a radar interface for the HVM? The main issue that I seem to encounter is that I cannot visually see enemy air contacts, particularly the reaper drones, until they are either on top of me (at which point the HVM is useless due to the uncontrollable boost phase) or have already killed me with hellfires. I understand that there are technical limitations that seem to prevent the use of the full new SPAA system but the Ozelot seems to get the system for its ADAD radar so is it possible to get at least a stopgap system that allows us to lock a selected radar contact in the radar interface, then make us fire and guide the missile by hand back in the 1st person view? Thanks
Probably the wrong thread, but if anyone had knowledge of the BAOR make up circa the 1980s just before Challenger showed up has any criticisms for this historically themed line up, I’d appreciate it, couldn’t find and exact makeup that didn’t have challengers + Any lower BR CAP/CAS That would work? I was Targeting 9.0/9.3 but I just couldn’t find anything to replace the harrier at a lower BR that wasn’t too early. If you’ve got any suggestions I’m open to them!
The badger seems like absolute garbage.
its not diabolically bad, but it does struggle with its size, firerate, horisontal speed and huge turning circle
its not awful but its certainly not good by any means
It’s pretty awful.
It’s a worse warrior at a higher BR, which is saying something.
I also can’t think of any situation where I’d rather have it over the fox.
I quite like it, I got a nuke in my first 8 games before even spading it.
You need to play it methodically, you can’t just rush in like a lot of other wheeled vehicles. The AFPSDS is much better than the APDS on the Fox due to its angled pen.
If you want to rush in and rat, yes, use the Fox. The Badger is really not bad tho. I’m sitting on a K/D of around 2.8 in it, which isnt bad considering I haven’t spaded it yet.
In an 8.0 downtier its extremely good. It does stuggle in an uptier when you face more heavily armoured Russian tanks.
I’ve had two nukes in the FV4005, doesn’t mean it’s a good vehicle.
Badger is woefully outclassed in capability by the fox which is a whole 1.0 BR below it.
I bring up the nuke as I got it within only 8 games, which usually indicates the vehicle is rather capable, I’m not even really an IFV player.
If I compare it to another IFVs I have played recently:
CV9035: K/D = ~2.0
Badger: K/D = ~ 2.8
Fox: K/D = ~ 3.1
These stats are with the Badger not even being spaded, while the other two vehicles were spaded either all or almost all games. I’m also not couting the average of around 1 air kill I got every game in the Badger. I’m not going to include the Warrior as lot of my games are old, when I wasn’t as experienced, so it would be a bit disingenuous.
The tank isn’t bad, you’re essentially getting a 9.7 IFV but with a slower firerate at two entire BR steps lower.
It is mobile, it has great thermals, stabiliser, potent APFSDS, target tracking. The survivability is also quite good due to 4 crew in a spacious vehicle. My main issues with the vehicle have not been the fire rate, it has been the poor reverse (its not that bad) and the slow turret traverse (slower than the Fox). Neither of those are deal breakers.
If other people want to dislike the vehicle, thats fine I get its not everyones cup of tea, but I think its pretty good. It’s not a rush in and kill everyone vehicle like the BMD, XM800T or Fox, not everyone will like playing an IFV that can’t do that super well.
Nothing you wrote there acknowledges that the fox has superior capability 1.0BR lower than it.
It is not a good vehicle if a vehicle 1.0BR below it can do it’s niche but better, within the same nation let alone.
You clearly didn’t read my message at all.
They don’t share the same niche, one is a rat, the other is a support vehicle. Two vehicles do not always share the same playstyle because they have an autocannon and wheels.
I even listed what the Badger does better than the Fox. The Fox is faster and smaller, it does everything else worse than the Badger.
If you play the Badger like a Fox, you will die, what do you expect? It’s a huge bus sized vehicle…
“Support vehicle” is a coping catchphrase for bad vehicle that does not stand on its own well enough to perform within its niche.
