British super props

It is the same rudder as other Griffon spitfires and was designed specifically for great responsiveness at all speeds. Britain was still very much one of if not the best aviating nations at the time for aircraft design.

It did struggle at low speeds through but it was also faster in practise, it has the same top speed as the mk.24 but its like the p-51 and MK.24, their top speed is similar but in practise the P-51 is faster, the same is true of the Spiteful.

Likely so, but I think it’s about time some of them went down or some other things (Yak-3U the postwar monster and P-51H) went up.

Alternatively they can give Britain one of the other late P-51’s which were designed with direct help from Rolls-Royce and Supermarine. But i’m more concerned with having something British in this regard, I bloody love our props.

I am a US main, but I’ve been going through the British ground/air trees and it has been pretty great. The Spitfires are amazing, the Harriers have been a blast, and I can’t wait to finish my 7.7 lineup with the Centurions and Conqueror. All of the differing designs the British use contrast the US quite well and it has been a nice breath of fresh air.

I dont respect gaijin, how they favour other nations for money and make britian look weaker than what they are

I do like the British tree, I think overall we still have insane potential and with some br reworks and mechanics reworks it would be an excellent tree.

My reccomendations overall are naturally the spits, the Swifts are fantastc, the Gripen is good. The Conqueror I like as well as the legacy Challengers, HMS Colossus and Hood are also good.

Still, if you take a look through even just my profile and comments, there is a lot of potential left.

I think Britain could do with some improved treatment in war thunder, everything from BR’s, to vehicle selection, to mechanics reworks.

Both suck, the seafire 47 is said to have the worst stock grind of any prop, the sea fury is utter garbage; slower than the 190 D9 and an utter brick with god awful fragile flaps; the do335 whoops the seafury in every regard including dogfighting.

Sea Fury is so bad it makes the (not mediocre, believe me italian mains love to exaggerate) almost mid rank 4 italian props seem like p51h’s to a 109.

many people says that the british planes are pretty much what they were in real life

then either the rest of popular aircraft are too overperforming, or british aeronautic engineers were on crack.

1 Like

I think they perform right, i just think they’re overtiered compared to direct equivalents.

But yes British aeronautical engineers were on crack, the engineering of things like the Spitfire and the engines etc were exceptionally refined with lots of different testing procedures both practical and technical.

Not to say other engineers weren’t just as good, Germany probably could have produced a 109 mark that matched later spits, but they didn’t get that chance (thank god).

war thunder planes britain helds the record for the most god awful thermodynamics and the most amount of “fighter planes” on peace time settings, making them ridiculously useless. Not to mention that Hispano and AN-M shared the same belts but somehow an-m’s are the ones with the advantage. Except the spitfire lf mk9 every british 5.7 is at least a whole BR above their true performance. The Sea Fury is a worse 190 A8 at 5.7.

1 Like

the sea fury is on peacetime settings, alas missing 800 horsepower. If it had these it would be comparable to an f4u 4b that shares BR and out does it in literally every single regard. The Sea Fury is so sad at even boom and zooming or running away that russians catch it up far before their wings start to screech.

1 Like

Out of honest curiosity, are RP-3s all that reliable in Combined Ground these days thanks to overpressure? Or are they so-so at best?

With the Mk24 going down to 6.7, I feel like I’d enjoy that in Combined. Or also the Triplex rockets on the Sea Fury. Supposedly the Spiteful could also use those.

Imagine if every prop in Britain’s tree which could carry at least 3 RP-3 mounts could instead fit one Triplex.

i had a good time with those in ground rb, they pretty good

they didnt, they have their own ammo, for example the us didnt use sap-i unlike the British that use them extensively, also the the he are not the same either, they are similar as they use the same 20x110 but they are different non the less

1 Like

so, this is why the sea fury is so high in BR despite performing objectively worse than the rest of 4.7’s in game, huh? Same issue as the ta152c, and the spitfire mk22/24 and the j7w1.

I’ve recently gotten into them, and after having spaded them and played them a bit, I’m close to the very unfortunate conclusion that about half of British Tier 4 prop fighters are just not worth playing at all.

Tempest Mk V, Sea Fury, and Seafire FR 47 just don’t have the performance to be at 5.7, the Spitfire Mk 18 is the same as the Mk 14 but heavier and the same BR, and the Spitfire Mk 22 shares a BR with the superior Spitfire Mk 24, so there is no good reason to fly the Mk 22 either once you have the Mk 24.

The ones worth flying seem to be the Seafire Mk XVII, Spitfire LF Mk 9, Spitfire Mk 14, Tempest Mk II, Hornet, and Spitfire Mk 24. At least those are the ones I enjoy.

2 Likes

The Seafire FR47 is still underpowered by a few hundred HP

sea fury is not fine. Source: My most flown prop between 2023 and 2024.

yep, and sea fury has a 0.4 thrust weight ratio which is lower than the tu-2, a frontline bomber, which not only is faster than it but also outdogfights it at all speeds.

Haven’t flown the Sea Fury in many years