British Helicopter Tech Tree - Discussion Topic

RIP lmao

Found this of a Sea Lynx (HAS.2 i think) Carrying 4 AS.12s

source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGWJG4iYWqg (1:12 in)

7 Likes

Yeah, it’s HAS.2 XX510 I think

2 Likes

Some interesting photos sent to me by @Il_Signor_Regio a while back

6 Likes

It Will be funny to’ see the sistem of the First photo in game

1 Like

I need the drive-by Lynx

4 Likes

Italian air launched mines on a Lynx

1 Like

The ATAS seem really bad recently, keep missing everything unless rear aspect and slow. Considering dropping two for the gunpod in the G-Lynx.

1 Like

I started taking the Gunpod because of that. The issue is this bug report still hasnt been actioned

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/BZtiBBaH7uwL

1 Like

Oh dear…

1 Like

They just disabled the comments, but the report is still open

I meant more that the last action on it was 7 months ago.

On a different note, the dev diary for the G Lynx says this:

I’m pretty sure you can’t attain that speed in game even if you go min fuel with no weapons.

Ah right yeah, so thats at least another 6 months before they even look at the bug report. I think the average is at least a year.

That’s correct. The configuration that broke the record and set that speed was highly modified (even more so than we have in game) specifically for that record. The game configuration cannot archive that speed, as it doesn’t just require the removal of all weaponry, but among the other mods, the additional tail surfaces that were fitted later in G-LYNX’S life:

7 Likes

I can go test the top speed in game. It’s likely they used special fuel for the record irl

that too

Just extra strong Tea

Additional photo of a RN one with AS.12s
roy moxam 005
Maybe worth noting these are RN test/preproduction HAS.2s with the 3 windows in the cargo doors instead of the single large window

6 Likes

I would never say no to some lovely naval Helicopters

3:10 in to this video about Lynx reveals that the mystery launchers on the IWM Gazelle footage were probably smoke canisters or illum flares on a Light Series Bomb Carrier:

Footage immediately before that is about Hawkswing installation on Lynx, and explains that the LSBC and Hawkswing used the same pylon installation. So Hawkswing probably could be viable on Gazelle

LighStores
Gazelle

Ed:- Added comparative image of the stores shown in the Lynx and Gazelle videos respectively

7 Likes