British Aerospace Harrier GR.5: The First Second Gen Harrier for the RAF

I would prefer the best 4th Gen conceptualized, The British Harrier II

I mean as i proposed we could get the GR.5 with just 9Gs and then a GR.5A with 9Ls on top of that to differentiate between the two

Yeah, we could, but I think just getting 1x Gr5 (I really really hope it would have a minimum of Aim-9Ls) is going to be an extensive battle. Especially with the Gr9 as a more likely candidate “Soon™” Whilst I’d love every single variant we could get. Experience with our “selection” of hunters tells me its unlikely to expect very much in the way of Harrier variants. Especially with how poor state they are in.

I think we should get a Harrier GR.5 (Pegasus 11-61) at 11.3 with

• AIM 9L
  • AGM 65D
  • GBU 12
  • Mk 13 GBU
    and other retarded & conventional rockets and bombs
1 Like

That the Mk 107?

yes

Pegasus 11-61 is just the preproduction name for the Mk.107 iirc

2 Likes

Which one has the better P/W ratio, the FA.2 or this?

idk, ask BAE, not me

Now that the US tech tree has the AV8B NA, we could at least get this as well as a premium counterpart for the UK. it makes no sense for them to have it and not us

4 Likes

+1. Fantastic addition. Great aircraft and would be a very nice sidegrade to the new AV8B night attack. I would love for many more less advanced versions of airframes (without access to meta a2a loadouts like the GR.7’s aim9m) to come in at lower battle ratings, as I only really spawn strike aircraft for killing tanks in GRB as opposed to playing air RB with them.

2 Likes

Did the GR.5A have a new engine?

No, unlike the 7A/9A no GR.5As had new engines

So just some avionics and airframe changes

Yeah, pretty much

Premium strike aircraft for Britain top tier

• Harrier GR.5
  • Harrier GR.5A
  • Harrier GR.5 (Pegasus 11-61)
0 voters

a man in a suit and tie is standing in front of a cross with the words why written above him

Hu… I thought the “A” denoted the engine upgrade. Interesting.

No, the A was a weird thing, im still doing some research, but from what I can see is that it simply had a redesigned nose for preperation for the GR.7 upgrade, so looks like a GR.7 but doesn’t have any major upgrades over the GR.5 due to not having the new avionics and equipment

1 Like

Yeah, it says that in Wikipedia, so I had to ask