Britain Naval Tree - What’s left to be added for all BRs

Yeah, but we cannot vote on that change or say ‘I have the same issue’.

And as HK said, perhaps more pressure from the community side would help so a bug report that we can support with an undeniable, primary historical source might help.

They will probably just ignore it…

But at least if the community can vote on it our feelings can be made more obvious. Also as the CM’s have said each mode has its own development teams and given the pace of naval additions… they can’t be that busy right now compared to ARB or GRB.

(Also means we can ask CM’s to give it a nudge in 4 months when it gets an acknowledged tag and then left to rot)

2 Likes

Im planning 1 or 2 threads in the next dev server forum for things like

• the State of the SHar
  • BOL Overhaul

Those I think the devs will actually see. Perhaps its worth prepping one for Naval shell accuracy balancing. Frame it more as a naval-wide change rather than a handful of ships, but with the Hood as a case-study example within it. Might have more success than just a standard thread post. But the fact the Renown still has the same incorrect draft it was added with after nearly a year. Its pretty clear British navy is a very low priority for them at the moment (followed closely by Britain in general)

strange statement to be making given the Royal Navy was actually larger than the US Navy at the start of WW2

Let alone the Soviet Navy
IMG_8163

On the bright side it would seem they’re finally planning on something QE Class based, and fortunately its not event.

2 Likes

Gaijin do not care at all about the historical size of the RN nor the number of options nor the capability of the ships. The Big 3 still exist and then Japan has Yamato which is obviously the largest battleship ever built, so Gaijin seem to favour those

The USN only officially started to overtake the RN in 1943-44, even more impressive when you consider the UK had had its ports bombed for 4-5 years at that point.

1 Like

Not too mention the fact that are large swathe of naval is more like WW1/inter-war era. Then there is no comparison to the USN.

1 Like

wdym bro famous naval power the soviet union during the period of 1930-1950 would disagree with you

2 Likes

I kind of hate that “the Big 3” is a thing still. Like yeah, most popular, but the UK tree has more tanks than the US tree does. If anything it should be “Big 4.”

I always say that it’s not quantity that makes a big 3 nation, its the quality of the vehicles. For example the UK has tonnes of heavy cruisers, but not one of them is even close to an Admiral Hipper but same br???

Some people do say ‘the big 4’ but i mean specifically that ‘the big 3’ nations are more popular and seem to do better, and then Japan is tagged on because Yamato is too influential to ignore.

I mean, given one of the big three wasn’t in the second world war for the first two years, and given that Britain and Japan, between them, managed to:

• Literally kick the USA’s arse so hard during thr first six months of the war in the Pacific they nearly had to bring an entire other fleet to deal with them
  • Managed to survive alone, for 1 entire year, with a numerically inferior air force and army
  • Had the biggest navy at the start of the war (not Japan before anyone questions my history)
  • Put an entire navy’s surface capital ships effectively out of action with 24 biplanes

Yeah the only reason Japan and Britain aren’t considered “major” nations is because its convenient. Both for people in arguments and Gaijin in terms of development

3 Likes

I mean, yeah, but I was talking in general about the game as a whole (probably not the best thread though). It kind of sucks that the Big 3 exist because then people prioritize those three over like… all the others. Which is lame.

The only heavy cruiser I would think of as close to a Hipper that the UK gets is maybe HMS London? The lack of actual AP shells for the 8-inch guns really hurts though. Guess that’s what happens when you go all in on CLs
But for naval, the UK definitely gets a as a major and it has more right to be a Big 3 nation than the USSR lol. If anything the Big 3 of naval are (should be) the USA, UK, and Japan

3 Likes

It depends on if the Hipper is paying attention and if you get lucky.

HMS London is good, but a bit of a glass cannon. You cant take a lot of punishment and I find every other hit you take knocks out the bridge and usually a turret or 2 at the same time. But if you aim well, you can do quite a bit of damage in return (though I am absolutely convinced that our 8 inch guns have some latent nerf or something, becuase they feel like they barely do more damage than 6 inch shells half the time)

2 Likes

“Major” and “minor” nations are labels invented by the community, nothing more. But as with any self-chosen perspective, this sort of thing tends to have detrimental effects on how one looks at a given topic.

1 Like

Well it doesn’t help that the UK 8-inchers get no APCBC, only SAP

HMS Barham in her Jutland configuration.
Quite an unusual choice XD

3 Likes

I’m at work so I haven’t had a chance to catch up, any word of:

A. Is it an event?
B. Have they said we will get a TT equiv because even with a Jutland config its still the best BB aside from that in the British tree?

Yes and no

(though Smin did say “more are planned in the future” when questioned whether or not Gaijin knows the Royal navy existed after WW1)

5 Likes

HMS Rodney my beloved

well nice of them to pick the worst possible of the QE ships and then the worst version of said ship with no AA no extra deck armor and no float plane.

4 Likes

I’ll refrain from complaining until we get the update then. I doubt they introduce a TT alternative with the event because then you have a straight up upgrade to the event so whats the point, they didn’t do it with Repulse and she would be a downgrade

But we will see.

I’ll wait till the dev stream.

1 Like

Considering it’s a time-locked vehicle, yes, it’s extremely nice of them to pick the “worst” option. This is good.

4 Likes