Britain Naval Tree - What’s left to be added for all BRs

You mean new AP penetration?

Yes

Does that include a look at SAP. Doesn’t feel right on our light cruisers

1 Like

Nah. SAP’s didn’t change that much in recent changes. Their penetrations are low before, low now, and low in future.

AFAIK their performance in game closely matches real life records

Just feels like they don’t do anywhere near as much damage as they did before the recent overhaul

Wish next event vehicle is HMS Rodney. Next event starts at June 18th(or June 17th), day when HMS Rodeny replace HMS Nelson to go Normandy again, and this month’s theme of War Thunder is focused on Operation Overlord.

1 Like

I’d take anything British at 6.7 or above at this point.

Literally any of the options work for me.

If its Rodney, sure so long as Nelson is added too

1 Like

So the improved penetration is just a bug?

i’ll take ANYTHING just as long as it has aa guns

the finger on the monkeys paw curls

its a ww1 ship with 2!!! aa guns

1 Like

90% bet it is October Revolution - russian battleship that was leaked 2 weeks ago.

2 Likes

Watch it be an initial build Type 12I Leander class buried at the end of the coastal tree

3 Likes

Yes please! I hate having anything be time-limited, but seeing as we have two of her sisters in the tree it’s not so bad, and selfishly it would get me the one high-tier Russian ship I want without needing to grind through the cruisers and battleships.

I certainly don’t want to see one of two Nelson-class ships locked away as an event vehicle…

2 Likes

Honestly I dont mind anything since Im pretty sure I will grind this event with no problem. Usually I would opt for a non copy paste but since Im grinding russia as well atm, I will gladly take free 6.7 battleship with AA lol

Do you guys think that the Revenge-class is contemporary-ish to the Nagatos and Colorados? I know that technically their contemporaries are the Nelsons, but I also think that the Revenges and Queen Elizabeths would be decent contemporaries as well.

Yes, and fix will come soon

1 Like

Not really contemporaries but seeing how its currently going, we are going to have to make them work.

IMO the Revenge’s are contemporary to the Bayern’s, QE’s, Francessco Carraciolo, Lyon, Normandie, New Mexico, Tennessee (to a degree), Fuso, Ise and Kongo.

“Royal Navy, can we have more Queen Elizabeths?”

“Nah we got Queen Elizabeths in port”
The ships in question:

I say this because I’m currently writing a suggestion for Royal Oak (1922?) and then probably like… Ramillies or something idk. I don’t know much about the Revenges, and kinda wanted to know whereabouts they’d fit in the “food chain.” I think that with the 6crh shell they’d probably be fine against a Colorado or a Nagato, but would obviously fare worse than a QE (but not that much worse).

1 Like

Cool suggestion (though I’d always suggest you suggest the refit of the ship with the BEST POSSIBLE AA).

Revenges will fare identically to QE’s, perhaps slightly better. Whilst slower they have better compartmentalisation and slightly higher coverage of the main belt over the ship.

Also they have a degree of all or nothing armour scheme

HMS Royal Sovereign (pennant number 05). Revenge-class aka Royal Sovereign  and R-class battleship of the Royal Navy. From British Warships, published  1940 Stock Photo - Alamy

They are firmly equal to Queen Elizabeth and Bayern’s. The British having slightly worse armour and gun handling but much much better Greenboy shells.

1 Like

I’m doing two: one in early-interwar and then one late WW2 with mega AA guns. I’ve already done a 1945 Queen Elizabeth (QE herself) because Warspite as a suggestion was already done.

Also thank you for the picture of their armor scheme. I actually had no idea what it looked like lol