Britain Air Forces

9Ms would make Gripen C competitive until ARHs come, so I think people would be fine if that’s the case.

But no SARHs rather the f/a18 cause it would have sparrows

3 Likes

Yeah I second this. Having the option for the longer range Sparrow is important

3 Likes

It’s fairly common people not even bringing 7Ms on the F-16C. Seeing how they aren’t so effective with everyone flying low it’s probably not going to be a big issue on the end of the day.

I can’t lie I don’t think the Gripen with just 9M’s would be worthy of anything higher than 12.0. Unless they model the airframe very accurately in-game, it will be near enough impossible to defeat something equivalent like the Netz.

1 Like

Its always nice to have that extra range

1 Like

quick question, but didn’t the south african gripens used to use regular skyflashes until they started developing their own missile program?

I mean, it’s all a preference and play style thing.

No they were gripen C they can’t use SARHs

1 Like

I refer you to F-16C where the meta loadout is 6x 9Ms omitting AIM-7s entirely for lower mass.

Unless they switched the radar to an older one its not possible with the PS-05/A MK.3 on the Gripen C’s the SAAF use.

1 Like

Yes but the F-16C is arguably a better airframe with a higher T/W and flight performance, now you can make the argument that the close-coupled canards and low drag coef should bring them up to par like comparing a J7E with an MLD, but I have yet to see Gaijin model fully functioning canards.

SAAF used irst and A darter which are advanced ir missiles
These aren’t gonna be in game for awhile

Yes but I mean that the Gripen C radar is non-compatible with SARH’s unless they use datalink.

Edit: I see what you meant now.

1 Like

Yeah but SAAF never used SARHS or any Bvr missiles on there gripens

They could go with intent and add R-Darter.

South Africa only ever equipped their Gripens With IRIS-T for A2A

1 Like

The last BVR platform for the South Africans were the Cheetah C. Gripens never used anything other than IRIS-Ts and, maybe, Python 4s.

1 Like

And I think they are planning on equipping them with A-Darter which are Python-5 variant or something

1 Like

A darter their own ir missile i think as well