Britain Air Forces

Yeah i know

1 Like

Tell me this was a joke please

The only way for the EJ Kai to stay competetive post F16 and MiG-29 wouldlve been to give it AAM-3 which would be absolutely ridiculously broken right now

3 Likes

Nope. 100% serious.

I mean, it is better than the Tornado F.3 and JA37D honestly.

3 Likes

Based. And Tornado-pilled.

5 Likes

Ehh I wouldnt say that tbh

The EJ Kai is still better than any fighter the UK has currently lol. THEN they also get an F-16A.

2 Likes

As much pain as im going through with the Tornado I think I prefer its radar, playstyle and rather its acceleration particularly then Phantoms at top tier

I think the phantoms have better thrust to weight?

Low speed accel Phantoms but the Tornados .85 to mach and post mach accel is great

Fair enough.

The radar is decent, but I don’t really understand why they made it PD HDN. Considering the different PD frequency/repetition modes the stage 2G had, I would have expected it to be able to track targets all-aspect. @Gunjob Is this a GJN decision for how they categorise radars?

2 Likes

Agreed HDN is nice but id like to be able to have regular PD again as an option

HDN denotes HPRF in game. The Fox Hunter didn’t have any MPRF modes. Everything was PD via FMICW or Pulse. It didn’t feature any PRF interleaving.

6 Likes

One take away is it really is the best HPRF radar in the game.

1 Like

Having done a lot of research into cancelled British projects in an attempt to find something potentially viable, its really tragic to see just how many exceptional, viable and funded British projects have been cancelled since the 1950’s. And also how many technologies were invented and then sold off.

8 Likes

Man the Super Swift, so close but so far…

2 Likes

Well, good thing there also is a ton of production aircraft and variants of them left to be added that gaijin just cant be arsed to model
Though I have to agree, there is some real cool stuff in the cancelled project category

1 Like

Superswift, Gnat MK.5, Hawker Studies (HS.1202 British F-16 and HS.1207 British F-18), Supersonic harrier, big wing jaguar which added 4 hardpoints and spey engines, the list is very long but those are some of my favourites.

2 Likes

Hey man the P.1154 (Big Harrier) had its airframe and engines made so its plausible

5 Likes

Thats true, its just a shame its avionics and predicted weapons were never written down, could’ve been a more viable alternative to the SHar but atm from what i’ve seen its more on GR.1 but supersonic level.