Britain Air Forces

Yeah, Doing it in SB, I was able to play to its strengths a lot more. Stock grinding is generally easier in SB. But yeah, Harrier Gr7 stock grind was stupidly easy. I was getting 2x kills with the 9Ls and then an easy kill or 2 with cannons, both in SB and RB. The Tornado F3 was a long grind.

Unfortunately they’re just not good aircraft br for br (in the case of the Phantom) or they’re hard carried by weapons (Tornado even though I wouldn’t call SKYFLASH good at 11.3 given its near 100% uptiers).

Genuinely I wish I hadn’t gotten so invested in this tree because its like playing through the Chieftain MK.3 when the PUMA had just dropped.

Yeah, thats the real tragedy of the F3. In a year or 2, we’ll go back and play the F3 and enjoy it. But right here, right now. Its a fish out of water.

2 Likes

Glad to say I can out dogfight F104s at least

Like most matches last I was getting chased by 4 people

THANK GOD THIS THING HAS 350 FLARES MAN

3 Likes

Better than the stock Hunter F.1… there is a half a second turn time difference…

1 Like

Gaijin’s implementation of the Fulcrum was just a blatant show of Russian Bias. When they first added it to the Dev server they had the audacity to give it R-27ER’s and R-73’s knowing that there was nothing in the game on an equal playing field. They should’ve added the AIM-7P and R-27R in the same update then added in the R-27E’s with the Su-27 when the AIM-120A came for the F-15. If they did that then everyone would be on an equal playing field so to speak. Of course the 120 is ARH and the R-27ER is SARH but they have their own weaknesses to balance each other out. Everyone could have been at an equal advantage with the West having ARH and the East having much better but SARH. Then they would add the 120C and equivalents. This just has shown me that there is only two things that the Devs will act on. More money or buffing Russia to the point of overpoweredness. 2S38 and Pt-76-57 comes to mind.

Take a look at all nations in game. The Swedes are still stuck with the early Sparrow, the Japanese had to get a fake aircraft to have long range BVR missiles (not counting F-4EJ Kai), the Israeli’s had the AIM-7E-2 on the F-4E then they added it in with an unnecessary F-16, Fr*nce has the R-530’s (which were pulse until very recently. And the M2K still is lacking 2 extra hardpoints), and there’s some other stuff I’m too tired to think of.

5 Likes

There literally is no way for them to keep everyone on a level playing field after gen 3. They did a terrible job, sure, but that was to be expected

1 Like

They could’ve waited about 4 updates before completely thrusting us too hard into compression. The F-16C, SMT were unnecessary. Even the F-16C BLK 40 would’ve been unnecessary.

Anyways it’s midnight and I need some sleep. I’m going offline.

1 Like

My man, they could easily have spent another full year working on gen 3 content and preparing for gen 4, instead they just threw a Tomcat into the game during the Top Gun hype and then proceeded to fail at producing good air updates in every way possible

1 Like

Yeah, agree, should have left it at 12 for a while, If nothing else, None of the 12.3s were needed for at least another 6 months. The fact they added 12.3s before adding even a 12s to 2 nations, clearly shows their priority.

5 Likes

Sweden and britain both only have 11,3s now

Aim-9Ms on the Gr7 does now actually make that an 11.7. It probably should have been lowered to 11.3 in December. But yeah, it is crazy that it’s taken an entire year for Gaijin to get Britain and Sweden on par with everyone else

Assuming that is we:

1. Actually get something this december of worth (i.e an actually comproable A2A aircraft that can actually hold its own at its BR)
  2. Its not made entirely pointless by other new additions
  3. that its not our only addition for another year
1 Like

Oh yeah I forgot sbout the GR.7

IM CAPABLE OF PULLING GS NOW FINALLY

It got a little bit better but getting hawked because your name has Tornado written on it sucks

1 Like

Wrong.

On dev server it had buggy R-73 and didnt have R27ER’s, when it came live servers flight performance was so terrible that they had tweak 5-6 times before getting close to realistic values, thats why it recieved R27ER on its first week in live server.

Aim7P is superior to R27R.

So Fox-1 vs Fox-3 is balanced huh?

They could have get Gripen A model, but then again it was going to be stuck with Skyflash again.

Japan’s only option was F-2 at that point and considering how powerful F-2 is adding F16AJ was a better choice(even tho i dont like it).

Barak-II doesnt have E2 sparrows and Netz stuck with only IR missiles.

Super 530D’s was always CW missiles also those additional 2 hardpoints only supports MICA missiles and adding those missiles without counterpart will break the game even more.

1 Like

Just because the R-73 was bugged doesn’t mean that there wasn’t any plans to add it then and there. It was in the trailer so they weren’t testing them. They were going to add them but their inability to model a proper TVC system prevented that.

And? If the flight performance was so terrible then why didn’t they fix it instead of shoving a blatantly OP missile into a game where the only Missiles that could outperform it in range was an 17g missile that takes 20+ years to get to max speed.

How is it superior to R-27R? From what I can tell it’s just the AIM-7M with a datalink and inertial navigation. That would greatly make it on par with the R-27R.

Yes if the Fox-1 is better than the Fox-3 by miles.

Again that’s still a problem. If they wanted to they could give it the SuperTEMP as a balancing thing but I doubt it.

No. Their only option was either the F-15J or the prototype XF-2. They already had the F-4EJ Kai, there was no need for the F-16AJ.

I know that the F-16D doesn’t have E-2’s but that’s the problem. It couldn’t even carry Sparrows in the first place. It was unnecessary.

Super 530F was added in March of 2023. Super 530D was added one year ago in September and was immediately crushed when the MiG-29 came to the game with R-27ER’s.
Those 2 additional hardpoints could’ve been used to carry the Magic-2’s.

İ can ask the same question for all vehicles in the game, most vehicles are getting added with multiple inaccurate sections, your Tornado F3 is one of the famous one in this case.

Cause it has much better range then R27R.

Even A version of Amraam has significant advantage which is called active radar ability.

Unlike R27ER you dont need to guide all the time, you can just simply fire and forget it which gives you the ability to notch enemy missiles in that case, on the other hand Fox-1 user has to keep lock-on you until missile hits.

You dont even have a slight idea how Fox-3 missiles are superior in this scenario.

You have any historical source indicates that Gripen did or could use SuperTEMP’s? İf not then you can forget about that option.

Which is superior to any plane in this game, so same problem.

Same deal.

Any source on that? Cause radar was compatible but then again i would happly trade my F sparrows with 6 Python-4 missiles or 4 Python-4 and 2 Derby missiles which in this case it will be more broken.

Mirage2000’s main missile is the 530D model, only Mirage F1 is stuck with 530F’s.

Any SARH missile is crushed by R27ER this is not something special to 530’s.

Those additional hardpoints doesnt have wire system to support Magic-2’s, it can only support MICA missiles.

Again you’re lacking proper information.

2 Likes

So AIM 54 op

Did you just compared Phoenix to Amraam?

2 Likes

AIM120 > AIM54 other then how they use a radar in the seeker

Seeker doesnt mean anything if your missile cant even hit a target that is slighlty dodging, thats why comparing Phoenix to Amraam doesnt mean anything.

1 Like