Britain Air Forces

Japan doesn’t use F-18s, and we only just got the F-18’s radar.
F-18 & Su-27/30 are likely next year items.
F-15 has 2 less weapons if the F-18 lacks AMRAAMs, and 4 less weapons if the F-18 can equip AMRAAMs.
F-18 has a reduced speed due to that & other doctrine reasons.
F-15C isn’t that great, as we already have its BR of 12.3, which is also the F-18C’s BR.
Maybe not the AMRAAM BRs, but that’s for another discussion.

i get what your saying japan going to get screwed but will see how they do it and how well it goes

Nah, Japan will be fine, they have F-15.

And XF-2 which iirc has an M-scan radar.

Will need proof of countermeasures with that radar or it’s likely event only, and a rather mid one.

1 Like

Why? Is it not just a straight F2 but with a different radar?

Only difference between XF-2A and early F-2 is early F-2 has FLIR and a expended air to ground loadout. To add both use J/APG-1 AESA radar and the XF-2A is fitted for countermeasures.

5 Likes

Once I get the FG.1 ill be offically able to be a Tornado sufferee

We’ll send you the number for a good therapist when you do :P

4 Likes

XF-2 has a number of variants.
And it’s only confirmed, via photographs, that the AESA equipped prototype was equipped with countermeasures.
However, there’s yet to be anyone to find the mechanical-radar equipped XF-2 to have countermeasures.
Not without asking & looking personally.

I dont really think it matters though im sure they can use the F5 logic for its flares

2 Likes

That requires evidence of flares.
And Kikka treatment requires the F-2 to never be put into service, or the AESA XF-2 to not exist.
So yeah, Gaijin’s consistency wins.

Well the airframe is in service and has had flares before as you previously stated much like the F5 so theoretically their logic still applies

2 Likes

Just about halfway through

1 Like

My one and only issue with the F4J(UK) or F4J in general is why the hell does its RWR NOT have CW warning built in??

The US navy slept on RWRs I guess, coz the FG.1 has CW, TWS, Pulse etc indicators/warners

Holy shit, I just realized they added EEGS to all the Phantoms that didn’t have it while testing the RWR

2 Likes

Wait what?

Thats the gun sight thingy right? Even the Brit Phantoms?

1 Like

I guess because its 60s but still it irks the mess out of me

I am one of you now.

3 Likes