Britain Air Forces

I’m sick of how Gaijin handled the implementation of the Mikewinder. They added it to the F-16C (which didn’t need it, the Harrier II’s (which kind of did need it), but not the Tornadoes (which definitely needed it). For god’s sake they added the R-73 to the Su-25T two weeks after they added the Su-25BM. And they’re at 11.0/11.3 which is the same Br as the Tornado Marine and the normal ones.

3 Likes

Its there I reckon exclusively because without it there, Britain would have nothing for EC9 some rotations. This is why the Tornado ADV for Italy was briefly 11.3. They have the F-16 for EC9. If Britain ever gets anything else, Im expecting the Tornado F3 to drop back down to 11.3 pretty quickly.

RB i’ll admit, is tricky, I can see it going either way and on the rare times I find myself against a Mig-23 or F4. I slap them reasonably easily ( though I take that with a pinch of salt because they are usually a wallet warrior that doesnt really know what they are doing)

5 Likes

yes is the f18d instead of cf18b

The Tornado IDS dont need them , not did they equip them (what they need is their Chaff count among other things) But yeah, what aircraft got them and what aircraft didnt really doesnt make much sense

Taking the F.3 out in sim would be better if they buffed rewards for destroying the AI targets you’re supposed to so you can win the match.

Yeah, thats another big thing. Tornado F3 for me (in SB) has 4 major issues

1. Its 11.7 (but should be 11.3) vs 12/12.3s all the time
  2. Its radar is designed for 2 people, not 1 and the controls are very limiting
  3. the HUD is placeholder and lacks most of the symbology, especially those pertaining to radar contacts (to show the TWS target on the HUD, you have arm a Aim-9)
  4. the Economy for pure A2As sucks. At least in other airframes, like the Gr7, FRS1, FGR2, etc, I can dump some bombs on something, in the F3 i’ve done long laps of the map and found nothing and was forced to RTB, a huge amount of time earning nothing and with how activity time works, even with an A2A kill, I may earn little because if I die shortly after, then I loose most of what I earnt with that kill (most kills come from a joust anyway)

(Not too mention other issues like the cockpit visibilty kinda sucks. Which is why Id be happy with the FA2)

5 Likes

It’s not that. It’s the fact that the Su-25BM, Su-25T, and Su-39 got the R-73. Let me repeat that the R-73. At the exact same Br as the Tornadoes. Am I tweaking here or does this seem like an incredible amount of bias by Gaijin here.
I know that the Sukhoi’s are subsonic but they have a much better countermeasure count, turn rate, and A/G weapons. I barely know what I’m saying at this time of the night but it’s ridiculous.

Yeah, that was a decision that should not have been done.

1 Like

I can understand the thought process behind why they gave those Su-25s R-73s, as the R-60s really suck ass at that BR, but they shouldn’t have gotten IRCCM missiles

1 Like

R-27Ts would have been plenty (not sure about the T or BM but Su-39 definetly could have had those)

It’d be a good 12.3 with 9Ms.
It’s still a top-5 top speed aircraft on the deck if you keep your turns decisive with plenty of flares.

Top speed? Are you talking about the Tornado?

Yeah but then the Russian mains would complain about “muh Kh-29’s”

If it was faster than the current 12.3s maybe, as it would be one of the slower aircraft at 12.3 (about the same as the F-16 and slower than the Mig-29) then that advantage is fairly well mitigated.

It goes 1.2 mach on the deck.
And it gets there faster than F-14B gets to its maximum of 1.15.

Yeah nah, it flies 1.17 at min fuel and as soon as you get to that speed you’ll have expended most of your fuel

I was at 1.2 with the fuel tanks still attached… I could do a modern test.

Data pulled from the wiki

Mig-29 Max Speed 2’448 km/h at 14km
Mig-29SMT Max speed 2’347 km/h at 12km
Tornado F3 max speed 2’308 km/h at 11.5km
F-16C Max speed 2’170 km/h at 11km

So yeah, its “faster” than the F-16C, just. But slower than the Mig-29SMT and Mig-29 (I assume Mig-29G as well)

Acceleration is difficult to compare but F3 is pretty bad without combat thrust modeled. Also fuel consumption really sucks on the F3 and fuel tanks or not always using AB is required and it cant supercruise.

(It is also worth baring in mind, what other 12.3s and 12.7s might be added soon as well. Tornado F3 is definetly slower than the F-15 for example)

I’m testing it right now, min fuel in test flight gets me to 1.17 tops and it takes ages to get there

Edit: 1.15 with max fuel and drop tanks, 1.16 with max fuel and no drop tanks, shallow dive gets you 0.01-0.02 mach extra, but thats lost when you level out again

Less than the fuel tanks capacity, and that’s after a turn since British test drive is so small.