Britain Air Forces

The school may be in britain, the Gripen isnt tho

" The Empire Test Pilots’ School operates Gripens for training. ETPS instructor pilots and students undergo simulator training with the Swedish Air Force, and go on to fly the two-seater Gripen at Saab in Linköping, in two training campaigns per year (Spring and Autumn). The agreement was renewed in 2008."

2 Likes

It’s only wet-leased as well, they don’t own it

Well the Italian F-16 are leased too

Still don’t know why people even want the Gripen D over the C, what you guys have against the South Africans? ⁠(⁠ ͠⁠°⁠ ͟⁠ʖ⁠ ⁠°͠⁠ ⁠)

1 Like

same reason other nations mains don’t what SA aircraft in the UK tree? “A sub tree is not a real Nation”

Their Tornado ADV too, but that was leased by their government and used in numbers by them and also have their own livery with their own decals, unlike that gripen.

As I said the flight school is under the Ministry of defence

It’s still a private company…

No its no its a joint thing

There are different types of leases. (Aircraft lease - Wikipedia)

The Gripen is leased “wet”, so short term, with maintenance, crew, insurance etc

Usually military aircraft leases are “dry”, so without a crew, ground staff, etc

3 Likes

I also work to a private company that does services to the government, it doesn’t mean I work to the government.

1 Like

" ETPS is run by the MoD and defence contractor QinetiQ under a long-term agreement."

Why can’t people do basic research ?

images-105
Screenshot_20231102_230151_Opera
Where’s the goddam RAF marking man??? It’s literally swedish, it would literally be a swedish aircraft in the British TT.

In the end it’s a school for test pilots and a research facility, using a single aircraft abroad under a wet-lease agreement twice a year for training and research purposes. As far as I can tell they never perform combat training with that thing. Neither do they train combat pilots.

I can’t see how that would be a reasonable tech tree addition

2 Likes

That can easily be changed into a RAF one for the game.

Bruh tell me what you have against the south africans

We can have that one as well more Gripen the better

Nah, give me the C and an F-18 and I’m in heaven

3 Likes

The SAAF operates both the Gripen C and D, even if the ETPS’ leased gripen was a reasonable contender, there would be no need for it

3 Likes

Hmmm but anyway I off to bed now gn fellas

4 Likes