Britain Air Forces

Oh yeah speaking of the december patch they promised a new leo2 after denying our request to fix the PSO, I wonder what they’ll implement

1 Like

2A6EX, 2A7 (because it would only be better thermals in-game).

I usually turn the thermals off in my leo because of how bad gen1s are so at this point it’s really not a big deal anymore, but still I think they should at least give us something on par with the US (M1a2 sep uses gen 2)

I think 2A7 uses gen 2/3’s on both commander and gunner.

I do the same, either commander thermals or no thermals at all.

I am interested in eventually getting the Black night or 2E for those, now the foldering has happened, that might be possible within the next few months with effort. Having better thermals and Commander thermals does sound interesting to have

I’ve just uninstalled tbh, I’ll see what they have in December for Britain. ATM my time is better spent studying anyway.

Yeah. I re-installed for the sub event. But not gunna touch the game much if at all for the next month or 2. Darktide is really good with the recent updates if you like 40k but yeah, studying does sound the better choice… Glad those days are behind me

It’s AIDS, I have no interest in what i’m learning, but its just another stepping stone to get where I want to be.

I will re-install at Christmas if we get something worthwhile, if not then i’ll wait till Germany next gets something and wait until Eurofighter.

Ah, yeah, between Covid lockdowns and general end of course burnout, I spent my final year of uni like that.

A small part of me is hoping the whole, No Typhoon soon thing, was just to squash expectations, especially as that was said before attilla update, so thats 2 Major updates before december. So a tiny chance of Typhoon this December. But highly unlikely.

But my main hope is we’ll see the precursors to the Typhoon, the aircraft needed for other nations before we get Typhoon, like F-15. With that, Typhoon could come sooner rather than later.

Apparently theres a F18 leak

I’ve seen it, looks like a D, so not a CF-18 model, but still its a new jet and the F-18 is my favourite aircraft after the Typhoon.

F-18D? isnt that AESA?

No thats F-18 E/F, D is just a two seater C, they have pulse doppler APG 65’s.

Ah. Thought it was just A or B with the APG 65

I’m quite tired so I might be wrong but i think d’s got upgrade apg 73s which are also PD but better.

They’re like Captor M level, maybe a little below so BV level.

1 Like

The F-16AJ at least had a sales brochure to back it up, Japanese pilots inspected the F-16, and Japan did end up using an F-16 derivative. That gives it a faint link to reality.

By comparison the even the name “F-14K” is made up by this community. The only link the UK has to the F-14 is that some civil servants in the MOD analysed it against our requirements and turned it down in favour of the Tornado. By that logic the UK could also get an F-15, an F-16, and countless other aircraft, along with an M1 Abrams tank.

1 Like

The S.2B could, the S.2 we have in game couldn’t.

Why do people keep acting like the Yak-141 is some sort of special case? It literally follows one of the longer running standards the game has: unfinished / unarmed prototypes are implemented in their intended form. A few example dating right back to the earliest updates in the game’s history:

• Ho 229 V3 - partly finished prototype, never fitted with weapons.
  • XP-50 - single prototype, never fitted with weapons
  • Sea Meteor - few prototypes, never fitted with weapons
  • Swift F.7 - never fitted with cannon
  • J7W1- two prototypes, never fitted with weapons
  • S.O.8000 Narval - two prototypes, never fitted with weapons
4 Likes

I think because the most logical unarmed prototype for Britain’s TT, the EAP was denied

1 Like

double standards of gaijin

1 Like