Britain Air Forces

Sometimes I wonder why they don’t just continually modernise aircraft, like why do we use the Texan T-1 turbojet to train pilots instead of some super modernised Spitfire.

Why use the Hawk (which according to RAF pilots got the ‘floor wiped’ with it by the Gnat) over a modernised Gnat.

Could be a cool idea for legacy aircraft to remain visible but serve a purpose other than looking good.

(Yes I am aware this is most definitely incredibly naive).

Have u seen the Turbofish. now imagine a that ingame has a 2.3 premium lol

1 Like

note there is Mk 1- Mk6 of the Canadair Sabre.

“Sabre Mk.1
One built, prototype F-86A.
Sabre Mk.2
350 built, F-86E-type, 60 to USAF, three to RAF, 287 to RCAF.
Sabre Mk.3
One built in Canada, test-bed for the Orenda 3 jet engine, various other structural modifications were made to accommodate the Orenda engine.
Sabre Mk.4
438 built, production: ten to RCAF, 428 to RAF as Sabre F 4.
Sabre Mk.5
370 built, F-86F-type with Orenda engine, all to RCAF, 75 later passed to German Air Force.
Sabre Mk.6
655 built, 390 to RCAF, 225 to Luftwaffe, six to Colombia and 34 to South Africa.”

Not the beset source but here is what Wikipedia says.

1 Like

No, please show me, but if it looks like a Fairey Gannet I’m going to cry.

TurboFish22

Turbo prop swordfish 😂

4 Likes

Give

No-one else got a claim so give. + Orenda is based on a British-Canadian design

Yes
Anything but a Hunter (as we currently have them, gimme that FGA.74BS and P.1109B or remove SRAAM and give me the F.6 at 9.0 pls)

Okay I think I can get behind that…

Definitely would be a one of those meme vehicles but would be funny to get kills with ingame 😆

1 Like

They have to add it simultaneously with Bismarck.

Sometimes its a lot cheaper to replace than it is to modernise

1 Like

Imagine 😂

1 Like

Cough* cough* A-10

Just put it in a corner in the background as a hidden gem feature. Like the naval version of a nuke lmao but its just waves of Swordfish’s.

1 Like

Tbh, i think in the Kings of battle trailer they teased a tornado in the trailer.

Because the aircraft above the British M109A1’s flying in formation. we think those were tornadoes with their drop tanks equipped

But, this is speculation

Point of time 40 seconds in the trailer

Indeed unless Canada is added as a nation the UK is the best place for planes only Canada can clam.

1 Like

Yeah there’s no doubt those are Tonka’s, something subtle like that would be good for the Swordfish

1 Like

Literally

Yup, I wouldn’t mind seeing them but they’d have to be mixed in with Australia and New Zealand to have a full enough tree.

Anyway goodnight I’m so tired now.

1 Like

Just a brief glimpse of it in the back ground lol

And also, when is Britains naval going to use the sea hurricane as it catapult fighter lol 😆

1 Like

Looks like a Tornado, but we do have Tornado Gr1s with Drop tanks already, no direct indication of Tornado Gr4 and not enough detail to say otherwise. But I’d doubt Gr4 at the moment, as without Brimstone, it would be a minor upgrade over Gr1 currently and It would just be better to finish the Gr1 and the game is no where near ready for an aircraft like Gr4 with even heavily diluted Brimstones.

That being said, several of the Gr1s missing features could and should come this december, like chaff count and hopefully as well ECM. Fingers crossed radar overhaul isnt far off either

3 Likes