Britain Air Forces

Maybe it never did that but could be possible
The radar is based of the blue vixen so it should be good

1 Like

Yeah, I do not see why the Gripen would have a CW illuminator.

However, just like the F-16C and F-15 which do not have a CW illuminator, instead the radar has the field strength and right combination of High PRF to guide sparrows/slyflashes alone.

The radar is very good in matches ive had no real issue holding locks on anything but the hardest targets its just the skyflash is still itself so its basically worthless how good your radar is when the missile just works how it wants to

1 Like

I dont think it does have a CW illuminator.
Then again there is a Gap for a Rank 4 mod below the AIM-9M on the Brit Gripen. Place for Amraam mayhaps?

1 Like

Yeah I doubt it does too like 100%.

The Gripen’s radar should be modern and strong enough to produce sufficiently high pulse repetition frequency and field strength (broadcast range) to guide a sparrow/skyflash like the F-15 and F-16C without a full continuous wave energy.

2 Likes

If they are ever seen in game, that is. They still refuse to give radar hellfires to anything. Though that might finally give tornados effective SEAD weapons

True, but at the same time, without Brimstone, basically no point adding either the Gr9A or Gr4. Which would be a real shame. But I dont think they’ll be as scary as most reckon. For individual performance, I’m imagining they’ll perform similarly to AGM-65Ds, but just targetted differently. I seriously doubt they’ll get there “fire and found own target” mechanic. Likely will need the use of a T-POD to be effective.

The major OP factor with them is quantity. With each mount able to take 3 (up to a potential of 18 per aircraft). So again, a cap on the number that can be taken could also work. We already have aircraft that can take 6x AGM-65Ds, so could be limited to 2x Hardpoints for now. On both that would be plenty and it might not be long till we see aircraft that can take more than that amount of AGMs (and unlike most of them, these arent going to be highly effective multiroles)

Brimstones are able to be targeted against helicopters and other slow flying aircraft unless I am mistaken, which makes them even more threatening to their cashcow KA50 than the Maverick. I think it will be a long while before we see them for the same reason the hellfires have been refused, unable to be ‘countered’ by smoke.

But so can most other AGMs already in game. I routinely shoot down helis and slow flying aircraft with Hellfires on the Apache and I’ve seen more than a few Su-39s get A2A kills with their 12xVikhrs (even an F-16C in SB) . So their possible A2A performance isnt htat big of a deal. Again, they’ll be a marked upgrade over AGM-65Ds in terms of performance, but arent going to be super deadly in A2A. I doubt they’ll be modeled correctly and will be very limited in performance due to missing code.

The smoke counter thing is more problematic, but again, cant deny a principle A2G weapon for Britain, and the primary A2G weapon for basically all of our remaining aircraft left to be added at top tier. Just because of ground, that would be really unfair. We are already missing most of our A2G on the GR1.

Is this an old thread or are we thinking next update will give us another top tier jet for UK?

Both

2 Likes

It’s an old thread but might as well just be a hub for Britain Air Forces as we’ve got another 7000 posts to go before it gets locked.

2 Likes

no way we are getting two top tier jets in a row

Next major i think we are gonna get a new plane

How come?

Hawk?

Nah im feeling the sea harrier fa2
Why AMRAAMS come next major we need a plane with them

Hopefully we get something like the Gnat or the Type 545 or CAC Sabre because that rank has absolutely nothing good in it.

We will probably just get them on the Gripen.

1 Like

I don’t think we will
I think the Swedish Gripen C will have it but not ours

1 Like

We can still use either the Tornado or the Hawk 200 if it comes.