Britain Air Forces

Yeah it could also be another Tornado
I just prefer the sea harrier fa2
We will get one or the other

Maybe, but the Gripen C is capable of carrying AMRAAMs right? I can’t see the FA.2 being much lower if it has 9m and aim120, so it’s going to have the same problem as the GR.1 with SRAAMs.

1 Like

Gripen A is capable
Gripen C is capable
I just can’t see our first AMRAAM plane to be SAAF when we have domestic options

3 Likes

The question entirely revolves around whether they want to or not. We have multiple native options for AMRAAM, so they may favour to give us one of them instead of a-historically upgrading the Gripen C with them as SAAF never had them.

Not too mention Britain tax in all of this.

What with the Challenger overhaul and the Gripen C, I am hoping its indicative of them laying off on the British tax for the moment.

Gripen C with AMRAAM would be absolutely ideal.

but the FA2

I’m concerned that this is it from them. We’ve had their annual piece of generosity and if we ask for too much, then the Gripen C with AMRAAM will be our top tier jet until 2026

It never had 9Ls, 9Ms, or Skyflash either though.

Eh let’s wait and see what happens on that front.

1 Like

True, and whilst Skyflash is really really random. 9Ls and 9Ms are just placeholders for IRIS-T as it cant get those for obvious reasons. I was expecting it to be IR Only, I guess they were just too lazy to not give it Skyflash like the A has.

Yeah… we’ll be on the Challenger 4 before then

2 Likes

I dunno, if they give this IRIS-T or A-Darter then they’d have to move it up to 13.0+, which would leave us with another BR hole.

precisely. THats why it has 9ls and 9Ms. They are what everything else on our tree uses and it just makes the most sense to replace IRIS-T with, its why we didnt just get RB-74s.

So I give it a 50/50 chance of AMRAAM for them. Though if we ever get Sea Harrier FA2. Good chance I’ll play that more than the Gripen C i think

It would be pretty dumb to not give amraam to gripen C in British tree considering tornado is NO contender for top tier even with amraam, neither is harrier. All other nations are having proper fighter jets capable to carry fox3 missiles. In case of saaf fox3, slapping amraam on the wing of their gripen is literally only integration needed for it and is only viable option for them irl too due to budget restrictions. Considering there are aim-9Js on german phantom. Amraam on british gripen shouldn’t be a problem. Or they can add iris-T instead of amraam. Gonna be a lot of whining but massive tradeoff in bvr for bfm missile.

1 Like

Welcome to the entire last year for Britain…

I think it comes down to 2 primary factors

1. How long till Typhoon
  2. How what else gets AMRAAM

If we are talking about F-15s spamming off AMRAAM, then forget Gripen C with AMRAAM, we could and should just get Typhoon. If we are talking about limited handful of aircraft, then Sea Harrier FA2 would likely be one of the first.

2 Likes

i’d rather have what my country used for fleet defence then a SAAF plane with AMRAAMS stuck to it

1 Like

That too. Add Gripen C with AMRAAM, then any and all arguement for adding any remaining British jet goes out the window until Typhoon

Already saw one person say Brimstone should never be added, which basically deletes the Harrier GR9A and Tornado GR4

1 Like

Why is must come at some point

As long as missiles keep running into ground, if you fly low, gripen will be powerful with 2x120 and 4x9M because furball will be meta without much changes. 2 amraams just for those high alt lurkers or someone who flies a bit higher for close range headon. 120s should have pretty damn good off bore capabilities and about 30+ G overload with waaay better acceleration to 7M + smokeless engine. It wont be bvr weapon, it will be headon missile at few kms if they don’t change maps, Air RB matches and number of players in teams to atleast half.

All other British jets with 120 are doa trash craps not even worth grinding until EF2000.

1 Like

Without the Brimstone, it’s just a tornado GR1 or harrier gr7 have powerful engine.

1 Like