Britain Air Forces

in datamine
It will be affected by other variables and will be larger than the numbers shown
jas39
Screenshot_20231215-222130_Chrome_1

f16c
Screenshot_20231215-222051_Chrome_1

Based upon that bug report, does that mean that , when using HOTAS + SAS damping mode, I should be able to hit 12G?

“mouse aim doesn’t use limits for internal SCAS or FBW. It allow using max strength of aircraft.
hard g-limits were included to the SAS damper mode.”

At the moment I hit about 8.5G? If the Hard G-limit is 12G, then shouldnt I be able to hit 12G? (though I am still 50% stock)

Just checking for clarification

afaik there is an overshoot of like .5G but im assuming that its limited to that because the G-onset is ~12g/s so you could really knock yourself out quickly

1 Like

Hi, how did you add the full text to the X-ray pilot descriptions?

UI mod

1 Like

Do you know if the G-nerf for the Gripen has actually been implemented? Or is it just in the files waiting for release next patch or something?

If you mean the Max wing rip i believe so but its very hard to pull off in my flying, ive flown the gripen both days since its come out and have ripped my wings once due to a server error spiking my ping to 1k then pulling 30g

I’ve flown it quite a bit yesterday. I was able to rip if I fully pitched up and went full rudder
(Intentionally trying to cobra)
I didn’t try it at lower speeds though, did it at mach 0.7-1.0

If it performs like it did yesterday, I’m fine with it. But if that data mine G-nerf gets implemented later we’re gonna have a problem.

If my damn wings explode at 9.5G’s fully fueled I’m gonna lose it lol

yeah its basically rip proof unless you force it to (which wont really happen in a real engagement anyway)

If it somehow got changed to rip at a meagre 9.5g’s that’d be tragic.

Has anyone suggested that the FBW should make it impossible to overstress the airframe?

Hope usa mains don’t moan about it and we should be fine

Are you talking about Air rb or sim?

Especially when it can pull 12G IRL

At least hold the jets to the same standards. They can’t just limit the Gripen but not the F16 for example.
Both have 9G’s listed as their maximum G-load, the Gripen can at any time pull an additional 3 to 12G’s, and I’ve seen other people on here state the F16 can also pull 12G’s (although I can’t find a source for it)

You can’t let the F16 have the massive wing rip benefit but not the Gripen due to “dev decision”??

1 Like

Agreed. No issue with it being capped to irl specs. But so should everything else

By the way, guys. Do we know if this data-mine change is in the current game version?

Wing rip strength decreased

• From 16.61 G empty and 12.34 G with max fuel
  • To 13.59 G empty and 9 G with max fuel

Because if it is, and this is true:

It should not be a massive issue as it currently pulls roughly the same G’s as the F16? (I got it up to around 15G’s minimal fuel, no armament in manual mode test flight)

Yes it’s in current version

Interestingly. I can pull 10+G with max fuel and bombs and nearly 11G with max fuel and it wont rip at the moment

Multiplier of 1.5x that’s why