Britain Air Forces

What would be the performance of the A darter missiles assuming they’re gonna give it to the SAAF gripen

They aren’t giving A Darter or IRIS-T

1 Like

A-Darter are Better than 9X and ASRAAM according to their specs

So is the SAAF gripen just going to be aim 9ms for air to air load out

Most likely yes

Wait for that will we only get 6 or 8 of them cause I know the C has more hardpoints than the A

We dont know untill we get the plane ingame ourselves but id expect 6 minimum with 8 if theyre generous

i think the hard points are just for targeting pods that the A in dev shouldn’t have

Basically whats handicapping our gripen is South Africa being broke

1 Like

and balance

It’s only has 6 hard points for air to air missiles

Hopefully next year we get either the the F/A18 or the typhoon

1 Like

Sea harrier FA2 is most likely

3 Likes

That should be fun in sim assuming its coming with aim120

1 Like

it should be

But I believe that guided Air-to-Ground munitions and targeting pod on Gripen C better Gripen A

I guess maybe CF-18 (CF-188) Hornet with IR AIM-9M and SARH BVR AIM-7M, GBU-10/GBU-12/GBU-16 Paveway II and GBU-24 Paveway III from RCAF for british tech tree before Eurofighter Typhoon

1 Like

These 2 additional hardpoints are TGP mount and centerline drop tank

From what I’ve heard both are extremely likely. As of right now it’s looking like there is a high chance of the F/A-18 in the first/March update of next year.
With the Eurofighter it looks like the 2ed or 3rd update likely.

Depends, I want the CF-18/188 myself but it comes down to if they think the Gripen fulfills the need for the British tree until weapons need for the other planes(or that CAS is back on the table).

Very likely. They gave the Swedish Gripen 9M, which they never used, and will probably also give it to the SAAF, which they never used either. Giving it AMRAAMs is not a big of a stretch.

Lmao the system flagged my own comment in my own topic…