Bristol Beaufighter MK IC

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Description: The Bristol Beaufighter was a British heavy figther of the Second World War. It made its first flight one year before the war, on July 17, 1939. It was mainly operated by the UK and the biggest part of the other allied countries, but a single unit was also operated by the Italian Air Force in 1942. The Beaufighter MK IC (serial number T4887) of the 252 squadron took off on the morning of July 7, 1942, from Gibraltar to Malta to join the other aircraft stationed on the island. But the pilot made a big mistake and confused the Italian airport of Magnisi in Sicily for the airport of Malta. When the aircraft landed, it was seized by the Italian troops and captured. The aircraft was renamed with the Italian serial number MM4887 and painted with Italian symbols. It was later sent to the Guidonia Flight Test Center, where it was tested several times by the Italian pilots. It was later sent to the 253 squadron in Northern Italy to serve alongside the other Italian fighter against the allied bombers. Unfortunately, the Beaufighter was destroyed after a crash take off from the Venegono airport in 1943 after the pilot made an error with the throttle (compared to the allied and German aircraft, the Italian aircraft had an inversed throttle).

Why it should be in the game: It could be a good premium or event veichle for Italy in the ww2 department

Specifications:

Spoiler

Sources

Spoiler

Italian Beaufighter - Ezio Bottasini
Italian Beaufighter - Italian Forces | Gallery
Bristol Beaufighter Mk.VIc
Bristol Beaufighter in Italian Service - Destination's Journey

Pictures

Spoiler

4 Likes

+1 to all non italian planes used by italian forces

3 Likes

Another Italian premium to be sure

1 Like

Its a cool little plane, I say +1 but I think Gaijin is done with captured premiums. I remember way back in the day, captured prems were controversial when you actually had Axis vs Allies matchmaking, now it wouldn’t really matter at all

2 Likes

+1

2 Likes