Bring back the old Forum

I second this 100%.

I think change is good.

Oh i aggree change can be good if its made the right way but this is not

Seriously though, the old forum was fine. There was no need to change it to whatever this is supposed to be.

2 Likes

They just want us to shut up, make us hard to communicate and publish opinion, arguement. This is direct speech/media censorship

2 Likes

Other people can’t edit your comments. If you mean the edit to un-hide your post, I mean yeah that is part of the self-moderation system, but from a moderation perspective it isn’t really a problem because in the end, we still moderate the forum and are still the only ones who can take any actual action. We can also manually un-hide a post upon reviewing a flag.

I’ve made a post explaining the flagging system here and to clear up some misconceptions. Hopefully this is useful.

Feel free to PM me for moderation questions.

2 Likes

There is also now a link to the old Forum at the bottom of this Forum, you can use the “Forum Archive” Link

2 Likes

Regarding old forum:

I read somewhere that this forum change might have just plain monetary reasons - unfortunately i was not able to find this post again.

So basically the old forum provider wanted more money or the new forum version is much cheaper or a combination of both.

In any case it looks like a final decision without any possibilities to restore the old forum.

Seeing that mods have access to the new forum since February and just by assessing of the non-migration of old content is looks like there is no way back.

And if gaijin bought the standard version of this forum software / application every adaption or customizing costs money and time to implement…

1 Like

Yep cutting cost thats why they are now based on Cyprus

2 Likes

Mhm - from my pov your claim looks comprehensible, but actually nobody here has any kind of right that his opinion etc. will be published. Technically all of us agreed whilst registering to the forum that gaijin has the right to delete everything without any notice.

In addition censorship of direct speech would be valid in public only - as this forum is not public and we accepted with registration that we have basically zero rights (but a hell of duties) i see no difference between the old and the new forum…

They removed the posts I had made which took hours of work and are really interesting pieces of information… its sad to see then change the forums, BRING THE OLD FORUMS BACK!

1 Like

I agree in general, but technically income taxes are no costs. I mean if you check where global active corporations pay taxes (if they pay taxes at all) - it is usually a low tax country.

I am quite sure that there are even better countries or locations (explicitly certain states in the US like Delaware or Rhode Island) where you have to pay even less taxes and you can hide ownership structures, but i just realize this goes way off topic…

Anyway - if you become insanely rich over night - hire a good tax consultant and transfer your wealth to LLC located in the US and you save a hell of taxes…

Will Gaijin add all the old sub-categories in the new forum? (i’m not talking about the topics now impossible to restore).
At least we could try to copy/past many informative topics and vehicules suggestions.

Well they’ve already stated cost was not the reason, but I also dont trust Gaijin

1 Like

No. Part of the change was to reduce the number of sub-categories.

1 Like

You could have also like… reduced the amount of sub-categories on the old forum… ?

I said part.

1 Like

What are the other parts?

Much like everything with Gaijin, there are no improvements.

As far as forum decisions go, the topmost is most certainly related to controlling & channeling rather than facilitating speech.

1 Like

Why change a tool that had been there for over 10 years and was easy to use? Especially to replace it with this defective forum and not readable?

Personally, I find that it is harmful for Gaijin’s image as a company, but also for all the moderator staff working on it since the beginning of the community and for all the enthusiasts who took the time to enrich it.

2 Likes