Bol pods for the F-15C MSIP II

“from a yank”

The F-15s thrust to weight can keep it alive in a turn fight if it cans to that. The M4K bleeds a shit ton of energy in turns.

The F-15 would well outdo it in EW performance. The BVR performance would have left the M4K dead before it ever got to range…

So the F-15 had the range, effectiveness, and flight performance. The M4K could do what? Carry a lot of weight?

3 Likes

Can we crowd fund one and give it to Ukraine to end this nonsense once and for all.

2 Likes

But EFT denied because “too strong” (Gaijin needs to make sure US and USSR keep air bias)

Typhoon is superior its a Gen +4
F-15 currently doesnt carry a BVRAAM, Meteor is deadlier than the AIM-120D, AIM-260 isn’t in service yet.

The cost is manipulated through how many you buy internally and how many you export. Thats why an
F-35 is “cheaper” than a Gripen…But that cost per unit never reflects operational costs (maintenanace, software updates/RAM coatings)

As for performance the Typhoon has the Eagle on toast. The F-15EX has restored the balance. The Tranche 4 Typhoon will likely exceed it.

EFT with it’s flight performance, AESA radar and big amount of missiles will destroy ARB

1 Like

No AESA on Tranche 1/2, CAPTOR-M is a conventional mechanically scanned Doppler radar
Carries up to 6 AMRAAM+ 2 AIM-9, for 8 missiles total, same as the F-15s and less than the Su-27s

I agree that a Tranche 4 Typhoon would be broken, of course it would. But that’s the latest Typhoon model. Adding the latest F-15C configuration would be equally broken. Same with the third batch of Su-27SMs with all the most modern Russian missiles.

1 Like

Doesn’t it carry double rack?

not in active service, but A-A loadouts of the Typhoon are their very own discussion

especially if the inner 2 wing pylons can hold AA missiles. From my understanding it should be theoretically doable but hasnt even been done

Eurofighter Typhoon is a gen 4 aircraft.
Gen 4.5 refers to gen 4 aircraft with upgraded systems, such as AESA radars, new weapons, etc.
Tranche 3 is not all Typhoons… this is common knowledge.

Typhoon Tranche 1 and 2 didn’t “carry” Meteors either.
Meteor is just as deadly as AIM-260 and 120D.

There is no cost manipulations.
Coatings are optional things too, missions that don’t require them won’t have them applied.

“The F-15EX equivalent Typhoon made last year is better than the 1990 F-15C.”
No duh.
The F-15EX is superior to the Typhoon Tranche 1 in every way.
False equivalency fallacies should be avoided in the future.

1 Like

What was the most challenging fighter you faced while flying the Mirage?

“Probably the F-15C as AMRAAM was just coming into service which totally outclassed us – They had amazing SA and the way they operated was impressive.”

Personally, I wouldn’t underestimate any version of the F-15. It can dogfight, it can fly fast, excellent avionics, excellent pilots.
Fly high, fly fast, and watch the six.

1 Like

The LAU-114 seems didn’t compatible to the AMRAAM. By the

It’s show the AIM-120 only compatible with LAU-128 to the F-15. Can any one make a issues report to gaijin?

It has Captor M on the tranche 1 and 2

Isn’t a big part of the F-35 upgrades over the f22 having a more easily maintained stealth coating and easier to update computers?

Since those are currently limited to 2 datalink channels at once right now (I’m aware of the bug reports about 4 channels) but should be obvious that better than Gripen flight performance and better radar with lots of missiles and presumably many datalink channels is not something we’re going to be ready for anytime soon.

I agree!

We are yet to see the longevity of the coating. Especially in a naval asset.
Updates no idea the cost, you will have to pay for them and you will need a contract for the updates.

I think a Gen 5 stealth aircraft will need more maintenance. As the flight hours increase cost in hours between flights will also increase dramatically.

With the level of complexity. It cannot be more cost effective than a Gen 4

1 Like

Wasn’t this thread about BOL pods for the F-15C and not Europeans malding over the plane that defined the 4th generation of fighters being still superior to their 4.5 ad 5th gen options?

4 Likes

I guess people are still gonna use the F16C over the paper wings F15 that break while doing a simple maneuver.

Yeah kinda that was the point but it evolved a bit…
Fr gaijin give me my eagle with everything