Bol pods for the F-15C MSIP II

Eurofighter Typhoon is a gen 4 aircraft.
Gen 4.5 refers to gen 4 aircraft with upgraded systems, such as AESA radars, new weapons, etc.
Tranche 3 is not all Typhoons… this is common knowledge.

Typhoon Tranche 1 and 2 didn’t “carry” Meteors either.
Meteor is just as deadly as AIM-260 and 120D.

There is no cost manipulations.
Coatings are optional things too, missions that don’t require them won’t have them applied.

“The F-15EX equivalent Typhoon made last year is better than the 1990 F-15C.”
No duh.
The F-15EX is superior to the Typhoon Tranche 1 in every way.
False equivalency fallacies should be avoided in the future.

1 Like

What was the most challenging fighter you faced while flying the Mirage?

“Probably the F-15C as AMRAAM was just coming into service which totally outclassed us – They had amazing SA and the way they operated was impressive.”

Personally, I wouldn’t underestimate any version of the F-15. It can dogfight, it can fly fast, excellent avionics, excellent pilots.
Fly high, fly fast, and watch the six.

1 Like

The LAU-114 seems didn’t compatible to the AMRAAM. By the

It’s show the AIM-120 only compatible with LAU-128 to the F-15. Can any one make a issues report to gaijin?

It has Captor M on the tranche 1 and 2

Isn’t a big part of the F-35 upgrades over the f22 having a more easily maintained stealth coating and easier to update computers?

Since those are currently limited to 2 datalink channels at once right now (I’m aware of the bug reports about 4 channels) but should be obvious that better than Gripen flight performance and better radar with lots of missiles and presumably many datalink channels is not something we’re going to be ready for anytime soon.

I agree!

We are yet to see the longevity of the coating. Especially in a naval asset.
Updates no idea the cost, you will have to pay for them and you will need a contract for the updates.

I think a Gen 5 stealth aircraft will need more maintenance. As the flight hours increase cost in hours between flights will also increase dramatically.

With the level of complexity. It cannot be more cost effective than a Gen 4

1 Like

Wasn’t this thread about BOL pods for the F-15C and not Europeans malding over the plane that defined the 4th generation of fighters being still superior to their 4.5 ad 5th gen options?

4 Likes

I guess people are still gonna use the F16C over the paper wings F15 that break while doing a simple maneuver.

Yeah kinda that was the point but it evolved a bit…
Fr gaijin give me my eagle with everything

There are pictures of F-15C with BOL, some shared on forums already.

and since it has JHMCS it should also get the AN/APG-63(V)2 or V3 as the V2 was introduced in 2000, before the JHMCS was fully in service.

The V3 was introduced in 2006, JHMCS was introduced in 2003 on super hornets but it took some time for them to integrate it onto F-15’s so it could fit within the time of the ingame MSIP II.

Trade worse and less missiles vs su-27, and way worse compared to the French jets with mica-em for better radar seems fair to me.

Anyone know if the dev’s have said anything about the lack of BOL pods on the F15 yet?

1 Like