BR??
  • NO
0 voters
Would you like to see it in Italy?
  • YES
  • NO
0 voters

General Info:
The Pegaso 3560 BMR (Spanish acronym of “Blindado Medio sobre Ruedas”, “Medium Armored on Wheels”) is a 6x6 wheeled armoured personnel carrier produced in Spain by Enasa since 1979.
In 1972 the Spanish Army set the tactical and technical requirements for the development of an armed vehicle on wheels for the transport and movement of an infantry platoon to and within the combat zone. Designed by the Commission for the Development of Armed Vehicles, the Army and ENASA’s project management, the Pegaso BMR-600 prototype was evaluated for four years and production began in 1979.
But this time we are not dealing with a standard variant of the BMR, The need for a close anti-aircraft platform in the Spanish Royal Armed Forces, led to the purchase of a Italian Sidam 25 system, and they tested it on the BMR around 1985, not much is known about its use, and it is believed that only 1 was tested And after not being approved for Spain, an attempt was made to sell to Kenya.
It carries the turret and systems of the Sidam, the same 4 cannons of 25mm oerlikon.

Armament+Equipment:
4 cannons of 25mm oerlikon, same weapons as the Sidam 25 capable of firing the same ammunition

Specifications:

• Weight 15.4t
  • Length 6.15m
  • Width 2.50m
  • Height 2.76m
  • crew 3
  • Passengers 8
  • Armor 10-40mm hardened aluminum
  • Scania DS9 61A MIL Pegaso 9157/8 (BMR-600) engine, 6 cylinder, 9 l turbo diesel 306
  • hp Power/weight ratio 20.12 CV/t
  • Top speed 90 km/h
  • Fuel capacity 400 liters
  • Autonomy 1000 km
  • Rolling 6 wheels, 6 drive
  • primary weapon 4 cannons 25mm oerlikon with 600-700 ammunition

Why it should be in game:
The most obvious reason is the Italian Tree lack of anti-air capabilities, this acquisition could give Italy a highly mobile AA in contrast to the slow Sidam-25, they would have almost the same protection capabilities. I think it would make the Italian tree much more balanced compared to the other playable nations.

Source

http://www.panzernet.com/articulos/descripciones/bmr600m1/bmr_ap.htm
https://www.armyrecognition.com/europe/Espagne/vehicules_a_roues/BMR_600/BMR_600_Espagne_description.htm

Photos

I am sorry for my bad english, If I have made a mistake, or someone has more information, you would help me by sharing it.

3 Likes

Independent Spanish tree
+1

2 Likes

+1 for spanish subtree of italy

1 Like