Blocking maps in [PvE] Helicopter Battles

Hey there!
Quick question: is there a way to block certain maps in this game mode?
I think the map’s called Canyon or something and it’s nothing but a pain in the butt to play.

• It’s too big.
    Travelling across the map with helicopters that are bare bones is tedious and takes ages.

• The canyon is too deep.
    Once you are down there it takes way too long to get out of it.

• Too many trees.
    Unlike the canyon itself, the rest of the map is covered with trees. If the heli isn’t equipped with IRST it’s already hard enough to track and kill enemy convoys, the dense foliages further increases this difficulty.

For a mode that’s designed to give helicopters a proper place to get spaded (at least in my mind) this map makes every aspect harder to grind modules and I wish I could avoid it.

3 Likes

you forgot to mention its also one of the maps where the absolutely hyper aimbot crackhead spaa AI: za35 & m42 spawn
one of them shoots you (dw you wont see it coming) from 4.5km away and the other shoots you down from 5km away

Canyon is so bad for heli pve, in so many ways.

Canyon is one of my fav in heli pve, dont know why so many dislike it

Its mainly when flying slower helicopters at lower tiers. It takes forever to fly to the bases at the other end of the map, and where the convoys start coming in. The bases that spawn in the canyon if you loose altitude to go kill it, slower helis take forever to climb back up just to get out of the canyon.

• 2 thirds of the map is 3,000 - 4,000m above Sea Level, making it a real pain for early helicopters to get around and even stock high tier ones can struggle
  • The ZA-35s and M42s are cracked (they have the same engagement ranges but ZA-35s zip around faster than Gepards), there’s also no hard cover so you can’t be creative to ambush convoys like you can on the 2 City maps and sometimes Vietnam. If that wasn’t bad enough the convoy M60s and M113s will also blow your engines out from 2 kilometers away with machine guns. The M60s are the only convoy tanks that will do this in Heli PvE.
  • The convoys, in addition to being brutal, are the fastest way of progressing the game objectives to get more targets to spawn to farm points; and they consistently spawn on the farthest edges of the map. Mix this with the top point about altitudes and the game slows to a crawl even by Heli PvE standards

It’s just a miserable experience. Almost unplayable for the <9.3/low tier bracket of Helis

2 Likes