Better Convertible RP (Using CRP with SL)

Would you like to see this in-game ?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

The current implementation of the Convertible RP is quite bad, 1 GE for 45 RP is very expensive very quickly

I suggest adding an SL price, something around 10 SL per RP, which would make a top tier plane cost 4 M SL (+ the actual purchase price) which i think is somewhat decent.

This would make people with 4 trillion SL and 25 Billion CRP be able to use them to unlock some vehicles (maybe limit what vehicles can be bought, like only those that are 2-3 updates old, like for sales).

This would allow everyone to speed though some vehicles they don’t like to get the one they really like.

It would also make it a bit better to start new nation tree, especially for those that don’t like rank 1 vehicles.

Or for helicopters which are a bit boring to grind (even with the option to grind while playing tanks) and usually only the top tier helis are interesting to play, while the rank 5 heli have a couple rocket and average missiles.

It would also remove the eternal dilemma of “do I GE the remaining 5 RP to unlock this plane I really want” (although please make the SL the default option because I will use GE instead without checking)

The GE price can stay of course as another option.

I made the ratio a bit on the whim so it’s not really “fair” and Gaijin could increase the price, maybe 15 SL per RP, 20 or even 25 which would put a 400k RP plane at 10 M SL, which is still somewhat fair i think

If you have another idea of a use for the CRP or want to propose a different Ratio be sure to reply with it

31 Likes

When I was reviewing the suggestion I thought you wrote “10 million SL per RP” which is hilarious, then I reread it and it was just 10 SL SMH.

20 Likes

Probably also increase the CRP from GE a little bit. It hasn’t changed since it was implemented years ago when top vehicles were about 100-150k rp to research

6 Likes

oh wow yeah, i didn’t even think about that.

The JAS39C is at 420k RP to research.
That would run you 9333 GE (or just above 60 EUR) to unlock the vehicle and then you wont have the modifications unlocked or the RP/SL-boost that you get on a premium vehicle that cost just about as much (or any of the bonus premium account and GE the pack comes with).

Edit:
the only concern i have with the main suggestion is that people are not going to buy SL crates anymore as it wont be worth it even in the slightest as the CRP is WAY more worth the spent SL.

One thing that needs to be factored in is the exchange rate between GE and SL.

Right now, the best bargain gives you about 433 SL per GE. Going by the original suggestion of 10 SL per CRP and the current rate of 45 CRP per GE, that works out to 450 SL for the amount of CRP purchasable for 1 GE, which is still higher than the best SL/GE exchange rate, so it works (i.e. it would be more expensive to exchange GE into SL and then buying CRP compared to buying CRP directly with GE). Of course, knowing Gaijin they would probably make the ratio much higher just to discourage F2P and encourage buying GE, but I’d be fine with a ratio up to 20 SL per CRP. Of course, if Gaijin also reduces the GE cost for CRP (which they should, as many have said here and elsewhere), these calculations would then need to be revised.

I’d also like to see CRP being used in other places (e.g. researching modifications), but… that’s for another post.

13 Likes

lmao, i don’t have that much money

1 Like

The crates only purpose it so get special event vehicles

1 Like

Really good suggestion, as to earn those large quantities of SL you have to play a lot or buy them with GE. As Oshida mentioned, this would be super usefull when starting a new tech tree - you could create lineups for ground and skip biplanes for example.
I would personally like to see this option for researching modules, - I dont mind grinding out 400k top tier vehicle, but when I finally get to play it, the stock grind is absolutely terrible (even after the changes that Gaijin has made). For modules the SL/CRP rate could be obviously higher.
The SL/CRP rate could also be rank-dependant, but that has its own pros and cons too (e.g. i dont know if I’d want to pay like 1M SL for a biplane, afterall I dont have much SL xd).

Same but this is very different as it doesn’t use CRP at all, only GE

This would need to be a different suggestion

1 Like

maybe the amount of RP for 10 SL you get could grow a bit with each ranks

But realistically a rank 1 vehicle is 3k RP, so 30k SL which i think is really fine, and it make skipping low tier you don’t want easier

1 Like

gotta be honest I rarely if ever use convertible RP for this exact reason. The conversion rate is pathetic. Normally I’m more polite about this but convertible RP as it currently stands is a rip-off and that’s coming from someone with an insanely high tolerance for overpriced video game content.

3 Likes

Really good suggestion
I hope gaijin make it with worthy price

1 Like

I like this suggest. But I’m too broke to every use it

W Suggestion, MAKE THIS HAPPEN ASAP

1 Like

With the overwhelmingly positive poll on this suggestion gaijin basically HAS to do it or risk potentially getting reviewbombed into submission again xD

1 Like

Somewhat expectedly it didn’t make it to the passing post, probably way too young (only 2 days)

Let’s hope it passes next month

I’d make it 3SL/RP which would roughly double the price of a vehicle if you use free RP, I think it’s a nicer option.

1 Like

Definite +1

We need something to do with our CRP.

I would propose something a bit “radical” as another option (which could be implemented in parallel to the OP’s suggestion) - allow CRP conversion to be applied to either Research or also Modifications RP.

Someone else made a comment about it, but i think that it would need to be a different suggestion altogether, because modifications doesn’t use CRP, only GE (based on CRP Cost iirc)

I would, but suggesting the use of CRP for modifications is made totally redundant by the existing ability to buy modules directly with GE. Suggesting the use of CRP for modifications only makes sense if your suggestion to convert CRP with SL is ever implemented.