Baz Meshupar no TWS no radar HMS slaving no Israeli munitions no Python 4

And if am not wrong it’s the F 15C Akef

This would be in line with the MSIP program which occurred two years prior to that date, installing APG-70 radars. Though I don’t think Israel participated in the MSIP program proper, if they say it received better radars perhaps they partook to a limited extent in it.

PSP radar functionality was introduced in 1979, 6 years before the alleged upgrade. This was also when the APG-70 was produced. Given that the upgrade referenced was two years later than the MSIP upgrade, 6 years after APG-70 was first produced, they can not be the same program, also considering that Israel didn’t participate in the MSIP program.

the Akef was an informal name, all Israeli F-15’s besides the E variants are the Baz.

MSIP did not upgrade its radar to the APG-70. They kept the existing radar.

Only 47 later F-15C/D are equipped with the APG-70

1 Like

The source still states the radar was upgraded.

Radar they are referring is the APG-63 PSP.

Also, that part is a general explanation of F-15C/D and is not only for the IAF.

They aren’t from the same period.

It’s the same era.

And MSIP upgrade was to replace the APG-63 PSP processor and prepare it for use the AIM-120.

Spoiler

The USAF says their first F-15C produced to MSIP standards was in 1985, not that they never upgraded other planes to MSIP standards. These are the F-15Cs with APG-70s.

Wrong again.

Additional improvements to the F-15C/D aircraft continued under the Multi-Stage Improvement Program (MSIP). MSIP upgrades were first integrated into the F-15C/D production line and later incorporated into earlier F-15s during retrofit at the depot maintenance facility at Robins AFB, Georgia.

1 Like

This has nothing to do with what I said. I never implied the upgrades didn’t take place in Georgia, or any other state. On second thought are you referring to the planes from the IAF website from 1983 not being the ones delivered in or after 1985? Because then I would be wrong again.

In fact the article you referenced says that the MSIP program includes radar upgrades. PSP introduction was in 1979, and if this says the first aircraft to receive MSIP were production aircraft from 1985, and then carried out on aircraft already in service post 1985, that means APG-70 radars were equipped after 1985. Considering APG-63(v1) came in 1994. Nevertheless I am getting conflicting sources saying MSIP initiation started sometime in June 1982 or 1983. I have no clue which year is correct. Edit #:48558 I will say you are correct that the APG-70 and APG-63PSP are from the same era.

I will heart your post for the article.

The radar upgrade in the article does not refer to the APG-70. This means upgrade according to this chart

Spoiler

All F-15C introduced by Israel were produced in 1980 and 1983. Their serial numbers all start with 80 and 83, indicating the year of production, 1980 and 1983

Serial numbers for the Israeli F-15C are:

• 80-0122~80-0130
  • 83-0056~83-0064

It mean, they are pre-MSIP F-15C.

Additionally, MSIP first began being evaluated in December 1984. It has been applied to actual production aircraft since June 1985.

Therefore, Israeli F-15C produced in 1980 and 1983 had no MSIP upgrade.

While this is how it would optimally work, the shutoff is so sensitive that it shuts off the second it sees any flares, even flares that would be otherwise too cold to fool the missile

What makes FOV so useful is that even if the missile does actually see the flares it sees them when they are cold

This makes the effect of FOV redundant when shutoff is added on-top, making Python 4 IRCCM largely identical to the 9M in-game.

They need to model shutoff more in-depth and adjust its sensitivity for certain missiles.

Wait, so if im not mistaken, the meshupar can use the 120s only under 16km which is when the missile activates its own radar?

It doesn’t have datalink or TWS yet, so for all intents and purposes you kinda can’t BVR yeah.

It’s possible but every other plane is at such an absurdly large advantage at BVR that your best bet is to stick to medium range

Don’t try close range either since you have no HMD on a sluggish airframe and will lose any joust you take

I can see it winning against the F-4F ICE and Tornado because those are even more sluggish airframes w/no HMD but yeah it’ll automatically lose to all HMD jets

The Meshupar as it stands is kinda just mid at everything

It’s not as bad as something like the F-4F ICE but it’s not good either

There’s no reason to get this jet as there’s nothing that makes it unique compared to the other two F-15’s, it’s just a plain downgrade

2 Likes

The IDF source clearly states that the F-15C’s systems including the radar were upgraded rather than new ones being built.

This is because it is upgraded compared to the previous F-15A/B.

Compared to the APG-63 in the F-15A/B, the F-15C/D has a better radar, APG-63 PSP. This is the radar upgrade mentioned on the IAF website.

The reason the USAF F-15A in the game is equipped APG-63 PSP is because the existing APG-63 was upgraded to the APG-63 PSP due to the MSIP upgrade.