Baz Meshupar no TWS no radar HMS slaving no Israeli munitions no Python 4

The F-15I requirements were decided upon in 1994, a year before the other F-15 upgrade programs were started.

One, I’m not a dev so stop treating me like one

Two,

By “quoting” you presented the “weapons systems” as something vague.

By quoting I am using the exact words of the source. Nowhere does it mention a radar upgrade. Show me where in the IAF site it says that the radar was supposed to be the same as the F-15I. Using the power of reading, all the text says for the Baz 2000:

Improved cockpit control displays
New weapons computer like the one planned for the F-15I
Avionics changes, with the end result similar to the F-16s

No mention that the Baz 2000 “is BASED ON THE F15I.”

3 Likes

no but u seems like a smart logical person so tell me, what does include in so called “weapons system?”
i mean not exactly everything but hell the most obv stuff.
well my first two picks would be AA/ATG missiles and radar. and i can see your picks are the COCKPIT

DISPLAY and… thats it.
even in the cockpit display you can see its wrong.
if u know hebrow or can use google translate - x.com baz 2000
פרסום של חיל האוויר חושף: מטוסי F-15 'בז משופר' עם תצוגה רב תכליתית משופרת | Israel Defense

these are from the past 6months during the war in gaza. you can tell the diff between the f15 baz ( gray color ) and f15e/i ( desert camo as in the barak 2 )

“avionics” is an all encompassing term for aviation electronics. It could totally include radar, it depends on what the IAF meant. For a fighter, or strike aircraft like the F-15I radars are integral to the mission. It is reasonable to conclude that they meant the radar was upgraded.

1 Like

Do you know when this website was made? When they say they brought the weapons computers will be replaced by those that “will” be installed in the F-15Is, do they mean the APG-82 upgrade when they ditched the APG-70? Or what they mean by “the F-16’s” do they F-16I Sufa, those were delivered in 2003.

…I use quotes for the exact wording of “weapons computer”, that is not the same thing as a weapons system.

Sure, I can’t argue with that. But the issue with that is it’s just conjecture, since the text mentions similar capabilities to the F-16, wouldn’t a radar upgrade then be the APG-68V5 like on the Barak?

Anyways, here’s an actual good bug report for this topic, that the 63 currently on the Baz Meshupar and other F-15s should have TWS Community Bug Reporting System

I don’t think they would install an F-16’s radar into an F-15’s nose cone. Depending on when the text was written. What makes sense would be that the “similar capabilities as the F-16” means that they are replacing the old F-15/A/B/C/D radars with APG-70, giving it “similar capabilities” to the APG-68 in the form of the ground mapping capabilities like synthetic aperture. Israel replaced APG-70 with APG-82 on F-15I in 2010.

No, they didn’t, so stop making false assumptions about this. The radar remained the APG-63 PSP.

Once again, the radar remained the APG-63 PSP.

than computer it is. if u are saying its not the same thing than u are so disrespectful about other ppl inteligente. its a common sense mate. no one was concered about the imp.baz radar in the dev server because it would make sense for the aircraft to have it. but then some “internal report” came in. funny how the change was never announced by the devblog.

1 Like

Source?

source?

ahahahah

Even if they did keep the PSP, it’s missing it’s TWS mode which was implemented with RAM upgrades, and is the reason why pilots generally didn’t use RAM and preferred the TWS modes

1 Like

Lmfao, You got a really good jet, I wouldnt argue after seeing what countries like germany get, be happy of what you have.

The F-4F ICE is a different issue entirely, I suggest playing another nation until a new top tier comes

Except, a weapons computer is not a radar, which is what you’ve been arguing about. With the linked bug report, then a computer upgrade that would allow the F-15 to fire AIM-120s would also be compatible with the existing radar as it has TWS capabilities anyhow.

my only problem is the lack of radar slaving and TWS mode. fix this by keeping the apg 63/ upgrade to new one model, i dont give a damn. just fix it so i can play proper BVR without the needing to lock the target / go to a useless ram mode just like a damn SARH missile.
Not to talk about the pathetic derby they didnt changed even with all the bug reports that was sent while the dev server was live.

The ICE doesnt even get HMD, so deal with it instead of crying, you can play it dam well without TWS, use the normal search radar and use it.

if you aren’t here to help improve the baz the go and crawl on back to the ICE threads, all you will achieve is getting this thread closed

Why do you think they have upgraded the radar when they never mention that they have upgraded the radar?

IAF website mentions the following:

Baz-2000
In 1995 Heyl Ha’avir embarked upon the the ‘Baz-2000’ program for improving the F-15s and readying them for battlefield of the 21st century. The program will involve thorough changes in the avionics systems (expected cost - $90 million) and is to be completed in the first years of the new decade. The improvements include upgrading the cockpit controls that display data received from the radar and additional sensors that the plane is fitted with. The old weapons computer will be replaced by a newer model, of the kind that will be installed in the F-15I’s. At the end of the improvement process, the F-15s will be fitted with avionics on a level similar to that of the F-16’s.

Already here they mention MFDs, new weapon computers (same as the F-15I), additional sensor upgrades, not radar obviously. If the radar has been replaced with a new one, they mention it. On the same page, Kurnass 2000 clearly states that the radar was replaced.

In 1980, the IAF embarked upon the initial planning phase of the project for upgrading the Kurnas. On July 15th 1987 the first prototype of the improved plane took off. It was dubbed the Kurnas 2000.

Kurnas 2000, which entered service in the IAF on April 9th 1989, was different from the original Phantom mostly in its avionics. “Although they look practically identical, the Kurnas 2000 is a completely different plane”, said Lt. Col. A., commander of a Phantom squadron, who was being interviewed by the IAF Magazine. “The avionics make it a completely new aircraft. The avionics are, in effect, the heart of the plane, and the upgrading project basically amounted to a heart transplant; the Phantom’s heart was replaced with a much stronger one”.

The conversion plan included replacing the plane’s original radar with a new one. Norden, an American company, developed the APG-76 radar especially for this purpose - and according to the IAF’s specifications. This radar, considered to be the best of its kind, uses advanced technologies that were originally developed for the US Navy’s future attack plane, the A-12 Avenger II - a project that has since been cancelled.

The APG is a Synthetic Aperture Multi-Mission Radar System which constructs a representation of the terrain by sending electromagnetic waves towards it. The great advantage of this mode of operation, compared with systems that are based on optical equipment, is that the picture quality remains good, even in bad weather. The radar is currently an exclusive feature of the Kurnas 2000, but in view of its superb performance, the USAF is considering a special pod mounted version for its F-16’s.

The Kurnas 2000 also boasts a Kaiser wide-angle heads-up display, considered the best in the world. The wide angle means that the system effectively covers 60% of the pilot’s forward view - twice the angle covered by other systems. The displays, located directly in front of the pilot, show vital measurements like speed, altitude, direction of flight, etc., as well as information regarding the operation of weapons systems.

The multifunction displays are one of the most important improvements in the Kurnas 2000’s cockpit. The WSO, who is in charge of operating the planes avionics and weapon systems, sees the data pertaining to both systems on two color displays. A screen in the forward section of the cockpit shows the pilot the information he needs, and can be toggled to mirror the WSO’s screen.

The multifunction displays greatly improve cockpit ergonomics, and ease much of the work burden on the two crew members - especially during combat operations.

Other sources clearly mention what’s in the upgrade.

• Aircraft of the Israeli Air Force 5: McDonnell Douglas / Boeing F-15 Baz by Ra’anan Weiss and Alon Koren

During the 1980’s the IAF accomplished a quantum leap with its equipment. As part of the yet to be terminated Lavi Project and the advanced F-16C and D variants that followed, numerous indigenous avionics and electronic warfare systems entered operational service. But the F-15, advanced as it may be, stayed behind the rest of the IAF arsenal.

The only existing modernization program for the F-15 was the Multi Stage Improvement Program (MSIP), conducted by the USAF for its Eagles during the mid 1980’s. Although this project was considered by the IAF, it was eventually not adapted due to lack of funds. Throughout the early 1990’s, when the next generation of IAF Eagles commenced to manifest itself as the F-151 Ra’am program, a substantial upgrade program for the ‘Baz’ was also considered for implementation.

The IAF had a vast assortment of modern avionics and armament to offer for its venerable Eagles. From Multi Function Displays (MFDs) and Helmet Mounted Sight within the cockpit, followed by Global Positioning System (GPS) navigation and advanced data-link systems and air to air missiles such as RAFAEL Python 4 and the Hughes AIM-120 AMRAAM.

All the above, coupled with new main and fire control computers formed the ‘Improved Baz’ program, launched during 1995. By 2004, all remaining airframes were upgraded to latest standard, fortifying the ‘Baz’ forehand position within the ranks of the IAF.

There is no mention of the radar here either.

There are 0 sources that explicitly mention that the radar was replaced from the APG-63 PSP to the APG-63(V)1. The radar was retained as the original APG-63 PSP.

3 Likes